Alder Yannette Figueroa Cole
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Figueroa Cole’s Updates
Weekly Updates & Equity Seminars
THE DISPROPORTIONALITY TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE NETWORK
"THE NETWORK," IS A MULTI-TIERED SYSTEM OF COMPLIANCE ACTIVITIES AND IMPROVEMENT SUPPORTS TO ADDRESS RACIAL DISPROPORTIONALITY IN SPECIAL EDUCATION. CHECK OUT THEIR UPCOMING EQUITY WEBINARS HERE
- What Makes 'Systemic Racism' Systemic: Thursday, December 16, 2021 8:30 AM - 9:45 AM
- 7 Steps to Developing your School's Racial Equity Strategic Plan: Thursday, December 16, 2021 10:30 AM - 11:45 AM
Building a Social and Emotional Learning Fully Integrated Classroom: Thursday, December 16, 2021
1:00 PM - 2:15 PM
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of December 13, 2021
South Madison Plan
The Plan Commission will be discussing the South Madison Plan at its meeting on Monday.
Independent Police Monitor Hiring Decision
The Police Civilian Oversight Board will make a hiring decision in the Independent Police Monitor search in closed session at its meeting on Thursday.
Make Your Voice Heard: Madison Police and Fire Commission Seeks Public Input on Fire Chief Hiring
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners (PFC) for the City of Madison, Wisconsin will meet on Monday, December 13 at 5pm. Public comment is welcome at the start of the meeting. The Commissioners will also hear invited input from retiring Chief Steve Davis, Retired Fire Chief Randy Bruegman, and representatives of Employee Groups in the City of Madison Fire Department. Anyone who wishes to provide input into the hiring process may register to speak during public comment at https://www.cityofmadison.com/city-hall/committees/meeting-schedule/register. Written comments may be sent to email@example.com. What does the Fire Department mean to you? What has your personal experience of the Madison Fire Department been like? What would you want a new Fire Chief to know about your community? What is the most important qualification of a Madison Fire Chief? For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- On Tuesday, December 14, Andi Cloud wraps up her Storyteller Residency by getting personal! The virtual event, Being Hinu: Growing Up Ho-Chunk in the 20th Century, will provide a look into Andi's life, including pivotal moments where she learned her tribe's ways and started to define what the Ho-Chunk life means to her. Register here.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- In advance of deliberation and hiring decision at its December 16 meeting, the Police Civilian Oversight Board is releasing two interviews with the final candidate for the Independent Monitor position. Find links to view the interviews here.
- The City of Madison placed 8th in the 250,000-499,999 population category of the Digital Cities Survey conducted by the Center for Digital Government, a national research and advisory institute focused on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government. Read more here.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center has achieved Platinum level certification status by the U.S. Green Building Council as LEED-EB: O&M (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Existing Building Operations and Maintenance). The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. Read more here.
- 2020 and 2021 Alix Olson Award for the Promotion of a Tolerant and Just Community winners are Oscar Mireles and the Tamara D. Grigsby Office for Inclusion and Equity of Dane County. Read more here.
Email to a friend