Council Vice President
Alder Jael Currie,
Council Vice President
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Currie’s Updates
Upcoming Transit Network Redesign Community Meeting
Greetings friends and neighbors,
As you are likely aware, Madison Metro, our city's public transportation, will be undergoing a restructure of service in 2023. The recently released Transit Network Redesign Draft Plan focuses on fewer routes that are more direct and frequent, while providing coverage where it is needed most.
There are several opportunities to learn more about the plan, provide feedback and/or review resources:
- Visit the network redesign webpage
- Attend the first virtual community meeting this Thursday Feb. 24
- Zoom Link to attend the 2/24 meeting (begins at 6pm)
- Take the Draft Network Plan Survey: www.surveymonkey.com/r/Y9YW2L2
- Watching recordings of (Transportation Policy & Planning) meetings where the plan has been discussed
If you visit the webpage you will notice some districts already have concentrated meetings set up. Alders Lemmer (D3), Foster (D15), Halverson (D17) and myself are finalizing dates to host a joint meeting about the proposed east side impacts of the current draft, to occur in March. I will write an update once the dates are finalized. Additionally, if any group, apartment complex, etc. would like to set up their own meeting with Metro staff, requests can be made by calling (608) 266-4466 or emailing email@example.com
Black History Month Banner & Edmonia Lewis Stamp Unveilings
Join us Wednesday, February 23rd, at noon at the City County Building (or virtually) for the unveiling of our new Black History Month Banner! Mayor Satya Rhodes-Conway will address the gathering, and there will be live entertainment.
Neighborhood News & Updates
- Due TODAY by 5:00 p.m. - The City of Madison 2022 Budget includes $50,000 in grant funds to be distributed by the Madison Food Policy Council. The Madison Food Policy Council is encouraging community groups to apply for SEED Grants. For more information visit: https://www.cityofmadison.com/mayor/programs/food/seed-grants
- Due March 15th by 11:59 p.m. - Madison Arts Commission annual grants of up to $3,000 to support art project are now open https://www.cityofmadison.com/dpced/planning/madison-arts/1592/and a special grant program called "Artists at Work" in the amount of $15,000 - $29,000 to support job creation for the creative sector will soon be posted on the MAC webpage listed above.
- The South Madison Reinvestment Strategy for Equity is hiring an Outreach Project Manager ($47,000/year) and three Data Collectors ($20/hr). Visit the UW jobs webpage: https://jobs.hr.wisc.edu/ and type in the job titles.
- These positions will help connect South Madison residents to City of Madison development efforts and provide the City with feedback on how their development efforts are impacting the community. The goal is to ensure residents have a say in the City of Madison funded community development efforts in South Madison over the next 10 years. If you are interested or would like to get more information about these positions please contact Abra Vigna at firstname.lastname@example.org or call at 608.345.5666 and leave a voicemail with your contact information.
Email to a friend