Meeting & Event Highlights for the Week of April 3, 2023posted
The Spring Election is Tuesday, April 4, 2023. Polls open at 7 a.m. and close at 8 p.m. If you have not registered to vote, you can still register to vote on Election Day at your polling location.
· To find your polling location, please visit: www.cityofmadison.com/clerk/where-do-i-vote/
· Bring your ID and proof of address.
· To find out what is on your ballot, please visit: www.myvote.wi.gov/en-us/Whats-On-My-Ballot
· To learn more, please visit: www.myvote.wi.gov/en-us/
April 7, 2023 is the deadline for provisional voters to submit ID.
· Voters who cast a provisional ballot at the polls have until 4 p.m. Friday to submit a copy of their ID to the Clerk's Office so their ballot can be counted by the Board of Canvassers.
City-County Homeless Issues Committee: The City-County Homeless Issues Committee will take place in virtual format on Monday, April 3, 2023 at 5:30pm. Agenda items includes the Madison/Dane County homelessness by numbers presentation and a HSC Gaps Analysis presentation.
Bus Rapid Transit Construction (East Side) - Public Info Meeting, Thursday, April 6, 2023: Work will begin on East Washington Ave., Anderson St., and Mendota St. starting the week of April 3, 2023.
Construction is taking place in stages between 2023 and 2024.
Attend our public information meeting to learn about road work, construction timelines, and effects on traffic. Much of the work will require traffic control and lane closures.
Disc Golf Volunteer Day at Hiestand Park, Saturday, April 8, 2023: It's spring cleaning time for the disc golf courses! Join Madison Parks in beautifying Elver and Hiestand disc golf course with trash removal, brush cutting, and other course improvements. We'll be working two Saturdays - April 15 at Elver Park and April 8 at Hiestand Park and both events 9am to 11am.
Bird & Nature Adventures - Owen Conversation Park, Saturday, April 8, 2023: Explore Owen Conservation Park on gentle trails through historic oak openings on a hillside with an Ice Age kettle and along restored prairies with beautiful vistas on this high point overlooking the west side of Madison. Co-sponsored by Madison Parks, Madison Audubon Society, and the Friends of Owen Conservation Park . Free, family-friendly guided nature walks at Owen Conservation Park are held on the 2nd Saturday of each month, year-round 2:30-4pm. No registration is required. No pets are allowed.
Bird & Nature Adventures - Turville Point, Sunday, April 9, 2023: Follow rolling hiking paths through the Turville Point Conservation Park woodlands and prairie with beautiful vistas of Lake Monona and Monona Bay. Walks at Turville Point held on the 2nd Sunday every month are co-sponsored by Madison Bird City FUN partners, Madison Parks, Friends of Olin Turville , and Madison Audubon Society . Meet at the Turville Point parking lot, entrance at the E. Olin Ave. stoplight from John Nolen Drive at the railroad tracks, south of Olin Park (not at the boat launch). No registration is required. No pets are allowed.
Save the Date!
· WRTP BIG STEP Madison Holds Diversity in Construction Career Fair on April 11th, 2023: Please join us at the Madison Labor Temple, located at 1602 S. Park St., Madison, WI 53715 for information about careers in construction. Register today!
· Women's History Month Profile - 4 Women Making History at Fleet: Fleet Pioneers: It’s no secret that the automotive industry is severely under-represented by women globally. Picture the last mechanic that worked on your personal vehicle. What was their gender? If you visualized a man, you wouldn’t be alone. We value every member of our team but we really need to do better in this regard at Fleet as well. It would be great to see the makeup of the division more accurately reflect the Madison community we serve.
· Sign Up for Free Hands-Only CPR & AED Training: Madison Fire Department EMTs and Paramedics will host monthly hands-only CPR and AED awareness trainings for the community. These classes are free, but registration is required.
· Street Closure--Livingston Street at E Washington Avenue: Starting Monday, March 27, S Livingston Street will be closed at E Washington Avenue for work related to Bus Rapid Transit (BRT). The closure is estimated to last approximately two months—until Friday, May 26.
· Streets Division Drop-off Sites Hours Expand Starting April 3, 2023: Starting on Monday, April 3, 2023 the Streets Division drop-off sites at 402 South Point Road and 4602 Sycamore Avenue will begin their expanded summer hours.