Alder Nikki Conklin
Home Address:7046 Tree Ln
- Phone: (262) 693-2058
- Contact Alder Nikki Conklin
- Contact Council
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Conklin’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of October 25, 2021
I hope everyone had a nice weekend. We have a Finance meeting tonight at 430pm to discuss the budget. To register, or to look at the agenda, all the infomation is below. Please let me know if you have any questions.
2022 Operating Budget
The Finance Committee will be discussing amendments to the 2022 Executive Operating Budget at its meeting on Monday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- Join Focused Interruption Founder and CEO Anthony Cooper Sr as he hosts David Muhammed, Executive Director of the National Institute for Criminal Justice Reform, for a conversation about the Gun Violence Reduction Strategy, which has reduced gun violence by up to 60% in cities across the country since 1996. Stop the Shootings - End Gun Violence in Madison: Gun Violence Reduction Strategy will take place on Tuesday, October 26, at 6:30pm virtually via Zoom. Register here.
- The Madison Police Department is now accepting applications to the Community Academy. The Community Academy is a program designed to give the public a working knowledge and understanding of the values, goals, and operations of the City of Madison Police Department. The objective of the Academy is to help build a positive relationship between the Madison Police Department and the community, while improving the lines of communication with the members it serves. This experience allows community members the opportunity to gain a deeper understanding of our Police Department. Click here for more information, including the required application and waiver forms.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- Beginning Monday, October 25, the City of Madison will move to the last location this year of speed changes to support the Vision Zero initiative. This final reduction for 2021 will occur on two sections of Cottage Grove Road. Learn more here.
- City staff will be discussing the Downtown BRT line and station locations at a public information meeting on Thursday, October 28 at 6:00 p.m. You can also view recordings of past meetings:
- October 7th - 30% Eastside East-West Line Routes & Stations
- October 14th – 30% Westside East-West Line Route & Stations
Save the Date
- You are invited to a virtual town hall on Thursday, November 4, 2021, at 6pm where local medical and public health professionals will provide an update about COVID-19 vaccination and testing in Dane County. This FREE event will be streamed via Zoom and is open to community members at large. Registration is required. Participants will have the opportunity to submit their questions in advance or ask questions during the presentation.
- Starting at 2am on Tuesday, November 2, the southbound Interstate 39/90 ramp to westbound US 12/18 (Beltline) in Madison will be closed to all traffic until 5am on Wednesday, November 3. In addition, significant backups are expected along I-39/90 southbound as the Interstate will be reduced to two lanes for 4 miles between the I-94 and Beltline interchanges. Drivers are urged to plan ahead and allow additional travel time through the area.
During the 27-hour ramp closure, motorists must use alternate routes via US 51/Stoughton Road to access US 12/18 (Beltline) – options are listed below. Drivers should anticipate delays on Stoughton Road due to the traffic diversion.
- Exit 132 north of Madison to travel south on US 51.
- Exit 135 A to US 151 south (East Washington Avenue) to US 51/Stoughton Road.
- Exit 138 B for WIS 30 to US 51/Stoughton Road.
- The signed detour route will follow I-39/90 southbound to the County N interchange (Exit 147) to turn around and travel north to the I-39/90 northbound ramp to westbound US 12/18.
You can register for weekly email construction updates on the I-39/90 Project website follow the project on [Facebook.com/WisconsinI3990Project]Facebook. All work activities, lane and ramp closures are weather dependent and subject to change. The backup dates would be Wednesday, November 3 or Thursday, November 4.
Swallowtail Pond Update
The Pleasant View Road website has been updated with the revised Swallowtail Pond graphic and the recording of the Public Information Meeting about the pond.
As a result of the feedback we received, we have revised the path on the south side of the pond and it will only be mowed where our crews need access for our infrastructure.
Email to a friend