Alder Nikki Conklin
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Conklin’s Updates
Meeting and Event Highlights for the Week of December 13, 2021
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend. I want to thank the folks who made it to the Westside Community Conversations. If you couldn't make it, here is the recording: The recording of the December 8 Westside Community Conversation is now available here. Please let me know if youhave anyquestions or concerns.
South Madison Plan
The Plan Commission will be discussing the South Madison Plan at its meeting on Monday.
Independent Police Monitor Hiring Decision
The Police Civilian Oversight Board will make a hiring decision in the Independent Police Monitor search in closed session at its meeting on Thursday.
For additional information about additional meetings scheduled for this week, please consult the City Meeting Schedule online here
Events, activities, seminars, etc.
- On Tuesday, December 14, Andi Cloud wraps up her Storyteller Residency by getting personal! The virtual event, Being Hinu: Growing Up Ho-Chunk in the 20th Century, will provide a look into Andi's life, including pivotal moments where she learned her tribe's ways and started to define what the Ho-Chunk life means to her. Register here.
Announcements, press releases, press conferences, etc.
- In advance of deliberation and hiring decision at its December 16 meeting, the Police Civilian Oversight Board is releasing two interviews with the final candidate for the Independent Monitor position. Find links to view the interviews here.
- The City of Madison placed 8th in the 250,000-499,999 population category of the Digital Cities Survey conducted by the Center for Digital Government, a national research and advisory institute focused on information technology policies and best practices in state and local government. Read more here.
- Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center has achieved Platinum level certification status by the U.S. Green Building Council as LEED-EB: O&M (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – Existing Building Operations and Maintenance). The LEED rating system, developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), is the foremost program for buildings, homes and communities that are designed, constructed, maintained and operated for improved environmental and human health performance. Read more here.
- 2020 and 2021 Alix Olson Award for the Promotion of a Tolerant and Just Community winners are Oscar Mireles and the Tamara D. Grigsby Office for Inclusion and Equity of Dane County. Read more here.
Email to a friend