Street Vendor Zoning Guidelines
Private Property Zoned for Commercial Use
Free-Standing Vending - The activity of selling or offering for sale of any foodstuffs by placing a cart or equipment on private property; preparing food, beverage or articles for sale; or in any other manner participating in the vending operation or attempting to publicly sell or offer for sale any foodstuffs from private property.
- Property must have Free-Standing Vending approvals from the Zoning Department
- Vendor must hold a Basic or Umbrella Street Vending License
- Vendor must hold all Public Health licenses (service base and mobile food establishment)
- Hours of operations shall be between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 11:30 p.m., including set up and take down.
- No part of the operator’s free-standing vending equipment or operation may remain on the property outside the hours of operation.
Private Property Zoned for Residential Use
Contact Meghan Blake-Horst, Street Vending Coordinator
- PH: 608-261-9171
- FAX: 608-261-6126
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MAIL ADDRESS:
Department of Planning & Community & Economic Development
Economic Development Division
Office of Business Resources
P.O. Box 2983
Madison WI 53701-2983
- PHYSICAL ADDRESS:
215 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, 3rd Floor
Madison WI 53703
Bike Path Vending Prohibited
It is illegal to vend on any Madison bike path, bike way or recreational trail.