Investor Relations Website
The City of Madison has launched a new investor relations page:
Offering and Compliance Documents
- Continuing Disclosure Compliance Procedures
- Final Official Statement Dated September 25, 2023
- Final Official Statement Dated December 12, 2022, Sewer Utility
- Post Issuance Compliance Procedures
The City has entered into undertakings for certain outstanding obligations, pursuant to which the City covenants to provide its audited financial statements and other required operating data annually, as well as notices of certain material events as specified under SEC Rule 15c2-12 (the “Rule”). The annual filings for the City’s general obligation debt, sewer system revenue debt, and CDA lease revenue debt are due within 270 days of the City’s fiscal year end. The annual filings for the City’s water utility revenue debt are due within 12 months of the City’s fiscal year end. All filings will be made through the MSRB’s Electronic Municipal Market Access (“EMMA”) system as required by the Rule.
The City has outstanding debt obligations associated with the following base CUSIP numbers. The official statements, annual disclosures, and event filings can be found on EMMA as shown below:
- General Obligation - CUSIP 55844R
- Sewer System Revenue - CUSIP 558605
- Water Utility Revenue - CUSIP 558614
- Lease Revenue - CUSIP 558459 (Community Development Authority of the City of Madison)
- Lease Revenue - CUSIP 558452 (Community Development Authority of the City of Madison)
All of the City’s debt is rated by Moody’s Investors Service (“Moody’s”). The current rating for each type of debt obligation is noted below:
- Moody's Credit Opinion
- General Obligation: Aaa
- Sewer System Revenue: Aa2
- Water Utility Revenue: Aa2
- Lease Revenue Debt: Aa2 (Issued by the Community Development Authority of the City of Madison)
Municipal Advisor Rule Disclosure
Municipal Advisor Rule under the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act of 2010
By publicly posting the following written disclosure, the City of Madison intends that market participants receive and use it for purposes of the Independent Registered Municipal Advisor (IRMA) exemption to the SEC Municipal Advisor Rule.
The City of Madison (the "City") has retained Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC as its Independent Registered Municipal Advisor (IRMA). The City is represented by and will rely on Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC to provide municipal advisor advice on proposals from financial services firms concerning the issuance of municipal securities and municipal financial products. Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC has not been retained by the City to provide advice on the investment of bond proceeds under the IRMA exemption.
This certificate may be relied upon until December 31, 2023.
Proposals and inquiries may be addressed to:
Brad Elmer, Managing Director
Baker Tilly Municipal Advisors, LLC
4807 Innovate Ln, Madison, WI 53718