What to do
When Flooding is Imminent
- Clear out essential belongings in basements or levels known to flood by bringing objects to higher floors or elevation.
- Remove debris and other objects from storm drains and gutters.
- If possible, bring outdoor belongings inside.
- Learn where your electric water and gas main shut offs are in your home.
- Know where, when, and how to obtain free sandbags if needed.
- Individuals are encouraged to bring their own shovels for filling purposes.
Avoid parking along streams, rivers, and creeks during heavy rainfall.
- Monitor lake levels
During a Flood
- "Turn Around, Don't Drown" Avoid walking or driving through floodwaters.
- If caught in floodwaters, act quickly. Save yourself, not your belongings.
- Listen to public officials for current emergency information and instructions.
- If it seems like your home will flood significantly, shut off water, gas, and electrical services.