All lakes are continuing to come down in spite of some rain this past week. Monona is now below 847.00 feet and we are moving into a season where the risk of thunderstorm actively is lower.
Friday, Oct. 25 at 5:24 pm
Friday, Oct. 18 at 4:40 pm
Currently, the lakes are all moving in the right direction after a relatively dry week. Monona remains above our risk elevation of 847.00, however we continue to move into a season where the risk of thunderstorm actively is low.
Thursday, Oct. 10 at 5:10 pm
The City does not expect incoming rain to cause flooding in the next 24 hours. We expect minimal impact on lake levels. Less than a half of an inch of rain is expected.
Monday, Oct. 7 at 1:23 pm
City Engineering expects the dry forecast for this week to likely help lower lake levels. The next significant threat of rain is expected Thursday, Oct. 10.
Friday, Oct. 4 at 4:54 pm
City engineers expect Lake Monona to remain near the 100-year flood stage through Sunday, and dry weather early next week will be helpful and welcome. However, some rain is expected on Saturday.
Thursday, Oct. 3 at 6:55 pm
Additional rain, forecast for Saturday, is likely to bring Lake Monona water levels at or slightly above the 100-year flood elevation.
Wednesday, Oct. 2 at 6:50 pm
While the heaviest expected rain has passed, monitoring lake levels and the potential for flash flooding will remain a priority for City crews.
Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 7:25 pm
City crews from both Engineering and Traffic Engineering will be on call and ready to respond overnight to flooding concerns and road closures if need be.
Tuesday, Oct. 1 at 9:09 am
The City of Madison Engineering Division will monitor the multiple rounds of showers and thunderstorms expected today into Wednesday morning.
Thursday, Sep. 26 at 1:59 pm
Dane County appears to be holding on Mendota to protect Monona.