Sunday, September 2 at 7:00 pm
Due to the recent rainstorm, flooding has closed the following:
E Washington Ave
East Washington Avenue has one lane closed in each direction. Two lanes remain open in each direction. The right lane is closed on inbound East Washington Avenue at North Livingston Street. The right lane is closed on outbound East Washington Avenue at South Blount Street.
North First Street is closed between East Washington Avenue and East Johnson Street.
The recommended alternate routes are:
- Inbound: Packers Avenue to eastbound Aberg Avenue to East Washington Avenue
- Outbound: East Washington Avenue to westbound Aberg Avenue to Packers Avenue
North Livingston Street is closed between East Washington Avenue and East Dayton Street. South Livingston St is closed south of E Washington Ave due to construction. View closure on map
Inbound Packers Avenue is closed at Aberg Avenue to route traffic to East Washington Avenue due to the detour for North First Street.
These areas and possible future areas will close or remain closed as rain continues Sunday night. Lanes will reopen as flooding subsides.
Residents are encouraged to stay safe.
- Do not walk or drive through floodwater.
- Do not touch floodwaters, as they may carry contaminants.
- Floodwaters can have extremely strong currents.
- Do not drive in floodwater. Currents can move cars, and water may carry electricity from downed power lines.
Further information will be relayed as the rain moves through the area.
The City of Madison Flooding website has the most current maps for areas at risk of flash flooding and information regarding road and lane closures. Updates of conditions are shared through the City of Madison Twitter and Facebook accounts, and individuals can sign up to receive email updates on conditions at the flooding website, www.cityofmadison.com/flooding.