View information about changes to on-street parking restrictions, permit applications, and other services.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
Parking Division Office Information
Due to the COVID-19 virus precautionary measures, the Parking Division main office is currently closed to all public walk-in services. We anticipate additional service adjustments once the department re-opens to the public with additional details to be determined.
Staff will be present to address calls and emails occurring during typical office hours of 8:00am-4:30pm, Monday - Friday. Staff will return calls and emails in the order they are received, and as quickly as possible. Please be patient as your questions are important to us.
Some limited exceptions for in-office services may be possible during the closure. These instances will be pre-determined by staff for specific services and will require an appointment and calling in advance of arrival. These processes have been developed to encourage safety for everyone during these exchanges.
When the offices re-open, all services will require an appointment and we will have a limited number of appointments available per day. NO WALK INS WILL BE ALLOWED, THEY WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
To call with questions or to make an appointment: 608-266-4761
*Please note: Many of our services are available on-line for your convenience. More information is available in each specific service section.
As a reminder, it is safest to remain home, but if you are required to leave your home, it is recommended to wear a cloth face cover as an additional tool to prevent additional spreading of the virus.
The City of Madison appreciates all the continuing efforts made by the community during this unprecedented time. Please keep our community healthy and safe by following Public Health Madison & Dane County recommendations and guidance.
View the impacts to all City of Madison services on the City’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) website.
Official News Releases
(in order of most recent release)
- City of Madison Parking Division Adjustments to Current Garage Reduced Pricing on March 15th (posted 3/11/2021)
- Maximum Daily Rate Increases to $8 for City-Owned Parking Garages and Brayton Lot (posted 12/28/20)
- Active Enforcement of Peak Hour Lane Restrictions Resume Regular Enforcement Schedule (posted 11/6/2020)
- Clean Streets/Clean Lakes Parking Enforcement Resumes October 5 (posted 9/18/20)
- City of Madison On-Street Parking Updates (posted 7/10/20)
- $5 Maximum per Day and First Hour Free on Saturdays in City-Owned Parking Garages (posted 5/29/20)
- Madison Announces “Streatery” Restaurant Program (posted 5/28/20)
- Temporary Loading Zones for Businesses Offering Carryout (posted 3/22/20)
- Transportation Office - Closed to Walk-In Services (posted 3/17/20)