View information about changes to on-street parking restrictions, permit applications, and other services.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) On-Street Updates
Suspension of On-Street Parking Restrictions
The following non-metered parking restrictions will remain temporarily suspended City-wide until further notice, and will not be enforced:
- Residential Permit Only areas
- 1-hour and 2-hour time-limits in non-metered areas
Areas that ARE enforced:
- On-street meter fees are required during the hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Saturday, with the exclusions of City holidays. The posted time limit restrictions at meters (i.e. 25 min, 1-hour, 2-hour) will also be enforced.
- Clean Streets-Clean Lakes program restrictions (resumed October 5) Additional information about the program.
- Winter Parking restrictions including alternate side parking.
- All other posted parking restrictions.
Things to keep in mind:
- The Transportation Office remains closed to the public. Walk in service in not available. We appreciate your patience while we prepare to safely re-open offices. Many services are, or have become, available online.
- City-owned parking garages offer a low cost, long-term parking option when parking longer than 2 hours. The City has implemented procedures for frequent disinfecting of equipment, door handles, stair railings, and other surfaces in garages for the safety of staff and visitors. Visitors can make payment using automated equipment at pay-on-foot stations (cash and credit card), and at the exit by credit card.
What to remember to avoid a citation:
- You cannot park in posted “No Parking” areas (marked with paint, signs and hoods). These are still valid and enforceable.
- Vehicles are still required to move every 48 hours, or could be considered abandoned and subject to citation and towing.
- Hangtags are still required to park in designated Dis/Vet stalls.
- Do not park in marked Metro Bus stops.
- Do not block fire hydrants.
- Vehicles still need to allow City services to complete their work, including making room for garbage collection
- Please leave designated loading zones free for day-to-day business needs.
- All off-street garages and lots are operating as normal and will still require payment.
Support Restaurant Carry-Out Service
On-street locations posted with temporary loading zone restrictions will allow for short-term parking only for patrons to be able to park in front of an establishment for a quick pick-up without concern of a parking ticket.
We are reviewing requests and to the extent possible, will assign Parking field staff to post temp signage/hood on-street metered spaces to create loading zone areas for carry-out and delivery needs. There is no fee charged at this time for these types of requests.
These will remain in place until determined no longer necessary.
MobileNow! Service Update
The MobileNOW! mobile app is no longer in service due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) impacts.
"Please note that the MobileNOW! smartphone application is no longer accessible for parking sessions to be purchased. The MobileNOW! website remains online but only provides restricted features for a limited period of time, notably to allow customers access to view their historical data. We have posted information messages on our mobile application, website and client service call number and will in the near future send an information message to all clients whose email address we know."
MobileNow! has stated that they will be in contact with existing customers to credit accounts with pre-payments where active credit cards exist. If you have pre-paid, but the card is no longer active for a payment credit, please reach out to MobileNow! directly.
- Call the MobileNOW! Customer Support line at (866) 951-7275.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include your cell phone number in the e-mail.
The City of Madison Parking Division is currently reviewing options for mobile payment services to replace the, now out-of-service MobileNow!. As soon as a suitable alternative has been integrated, the service information will be announced.