Learn more about in-person services and schedule an in-person appointment.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) On-Street Updates
Suspension of On-Street Parking Restrictions
ALL parking restrictions are currently in effect and enforced (as of June 1, 2021):
- Residential Parking Permit areas – time limit and “Resident Permit Parking Only” restrictions
- 1-hour and 2-hour posted time limits in non-metered areas.
Discover maps of these locations and additional information about on-street non-metered parking here.
- Temporary restaurant pick-up loading zones will remain in effect at this time.
- On-street meter fees are required during the hours of 8am-6pm, Monday-Saturday, with the exclusions of City holidays. The posted time limit restrictions at meters (i.e. 25 min, 1-hour, 2-hour) will also be enforced.
- Clean Streets-Clean Lakes program restrictions (resumed October 5) Additional information about the program.
- All other posted parking restrictions.
Things to keep in mind:
The Transportation Office remains closed to walk-in services and new procedures are reviewed for opening later this year.
- Walk in service is currently not available while the Madison Municipal Building remains closed to the public.
- Appointment scheduling services are in development for those who need to visit the office in-person. It is anticipated that this will become available in the coming months.
- We appreciate your patience while we prepare to safely re-open offices. All present services are available online or by calling the City’s Traffic and Parking office at (608) 266-4761.
- Park Smarter, a contactless mobile parking app to pay for meters, is available for public use!
- Read the full new release from March 15, 2021.
What to remember to avoid a citation:
- You cannot park in posted “No Parking” areas (marked with paint, signs and hoods).
- Vehicles are required to move every 48 hours on streets with no posted restrictions, or could be considered abandoned and subject to citation and towing.
Support Restaurant Carry-Out Service
On-street locations posted with temporary loading zone restrictions will allow for short-term parking only for patrons to be able to park in front of an establishment for a quick pick-up without concern of a parking ticket.
We are reviewing requests and to the extent possible, will assign Parking field staff to post temp signage/hood on-street metered spaces to create loading zone areas for carry-out and delivery needs. There is no fee charged at this time for these types of requests.
These will remain in place until determined no longer necessary.
Current Curbside pick-up locations