View information about changes to on-street parking restrictions, permit applications, and other services.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Permits Updates
Due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) we strongly encourage everyone to apply online.
When the offices re-open, all services will require an appointment and we will have a limited number of appointments available per day. NO WALK INS WILL BE ALLOWED, THEY WILL BE TURNED AWAY.
Street Occupancy Permit – moving container or detached trailer:
Applications are currently only being accepted via email at SOP@cityofmadison.com.
Residential Permit Parking Program:
- Application and payment process can be completed on-line. Once verified and approved, the permit is mailed to the applicant.
Permits for the current permit year can be purchased anytime during our normal permitting hours.
Permits for the September 1, 2020 – August 31, 2021.
*Due to current office closures, we cannot accept in person applications at this time.
Apply for a Residential Permit
- Email Patrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include the specific garage you are requesting and the desired start date.
- Please contact within 10 days of the date on which you wish to start parking
- Complete and return the forms and make the first months payment.
- Your permit is mailed to you via USPS once all forms are processed and payment has been made. It can take up to 4-6 business days to arrive.
Monthly payments are due by the last business day of each month, for the following month, and can be completed either by:
- A Credit Card Authorization Form for individual parkers who would like to setup Auto Pay Credit Card Transactions. This will allow your payment to process automatically at the end of each month.
- Mail the payments to the Parking Division Office. Please make sure that you allow enough time for the payment to arrive prior to the due date.
- Permits will not be held for parkers who wish to start at a later date.
For further questions, please contact Patrick at the email above, or the Parking Division Office at (608) 267-8752.