Tenney Park - Frozen Lagoon
|Address:||402 N. Thornton Ave.|
|Maintained By:||City of Madison Parks Division|
Winter Activity Updates
1/31/2023: GREAT NEWS ICE SKATERS! Tenney lagoon is now open and groomed. Restrooms are open. • Reminder: No rentals on Mondays or Tuesdays. • Before you step out, check the online status. • IMPORTANT: Unless you are an Adopt Ice program volunteer or staff, DO NOT REMOVE SNOW from a rink or lagoon.
DetailsIn addition to the hockey rink, Tenney Park lagoon is groomed for ice skating once safe for equipment. If the lagoon is listed as closed, DO NOT GO ON THE ICE.
WHAT TO EXPECT (once open for the season)
- Skate rentals and equipment are available.
- Hot chocolate & other concessions are back!
- The pavilion is open to the public.
- Please limit leaving personal items inside the pavilion.
- Limited outdoor seating is available.
Monday through Friday: 11am-8pm
|Wednesday - Friday||Saturday||Sunday|
- Ice Skates - Figure and Hockey
- Adults: $6/hr
- Youth (15 and younger): $3/hr
- $2/ each additional hour
- Sticks: $2/hr
- Puck: $3/each purchase
- Tape: $2/each purchase
*Note: The official opening day and the end-of-season day will vary depending on the conditions. All winter recreation is weather-dependent. If an amenity is closed, restrooms and/or rentals are not available. Staff may close early due to weather or low participation.