Elver - Skiing
Winter Activity Updates
All trails are closed. TRAIL STATUS DEFINITIONS | OPEN = trail is snow-covered, skiable with the most recent grooming date posted. | CLOSED = skiing is not advised or permitted
Elver Park is Madison's winter recreation destination! Ice skating, cross-country skiing, sledding and new this year - snowshoeing!* SEE MAP
Detailed trail conditions can often be found on the MadNorSki website.
|XC Ski Rentals||Adult (16 & older)||Youth (15 & under)|
|Hourly||$9 (daily ski permit incl.)||$5|
|Daily (24 hours)||$30 (incl. one daily ski permit)||$15|
|Weekly (7 days)||$70 (incl. one daily ski permit)||$50|
- If you rent skis, a daily permit is included.
- Cross-Country Classic Accessible Sit-Skis (1 person)
- Adults: $9/hr, $5 each additional hour
- Youth: $5/hr, $5 each additional hour
- Sleds – by the hour or purchase
- $2/per hour, or $20/sled
- Snowshoes - adult and youth sizes MAP
- Adult (16 & older) $5/hour
- Youth (15 & under) $2/hour
- Additional hour $2/hour
- Ice Skates
- See ICE SKATING for rental information.
SKI PERMIT REQUIREDAll trails at Elver Park require a daily or annual ski permit, which may be purchased online or by phone (608) 266-4711. A 2023 annual permit, available Nov. 1, is valid through 12/31/23 and Dane County Parks ski trails. Note: If you rent skis, a daily permit is included.
|Annual Senior (65+) & Disabled||$15|
|Annual Military/Veteran (New!)||$15|
- 2023 permit is available Nov. 1 and is valid through December 31, 2023.
- 2022 Permit is valid from the time of purchase through December 31, 2022.
- The permit is valid for Dane County Parks trails also.
*All winter activities are weather-dependent. Rentals and/or restrooms may not be available if an amenity is posted as closed.