Neighborhood Association Park Events
It is Madison Parks policy to give special consideration to requests by Neighborhood Associations (NA) for small (<250) neighborhood focused gatherings. Be it Fourth of July picnics or fall bonfires, these events bring neighbors together to enjoy their local park. Madison Parks wants to continue to encourage this positive use of neighborhood parks.
To that end, and to establish a consistent/fair process, we have standardized the policy for neighborhood park events. Below are the details of this policy:
- Neighborhood Associations recognized by the Department of Planning and Community and Economic Development will be granted one annual event where no application or reservation fees will be charged.
- Any permits required for this one event (temporary structures, amplification, vending, etc.) will be issued at half the price listed on the Special Events Fee Schedule.
- After the first event, additional NA events in the same calendar year will be scheduled with the following fees:
- $50 application fee
- Half price shelter reservation
- Half price permit fees
- For all events, a key deposit will be required if a shelter is reserved.
- A damage deposit will be required only if there have been problems in previous years.
- If damage or additional clean up is required by parks staff following an event, the NA will be charged $50/hour for labor, plus the cost of materials and the free reservation for the following year will be forfeited.
- Two weeks' notice is required if trash barrels and picnic tables need to be delivered for an event.
- With two weeks' notice, up to 4 barrels and 4 tables will be delivered free of charge.
- If additional equipment is requested, there will be a $150/ trip charge.
- Requests made less than two weeks in advance are charged the $150/trip charge for any requested equipment.
Please complete the Neighborhood Association Park Event Permit Application. If you have questions about the application or if you want to check on the availability of a park, you may contact the Community Events Assistant at MadisonEvents@cityofmadison.com, (608) 264-9289.