Flower Garden Volunteers
Volunteer Flower Gardeners have been maintaining beautiful and colorful gardens in our community since 1986. Volunteer Flower Gardeners demonstrate an ongoing commitment to planting and long term upkeep of a flower garden in one of Madison's Parks. At the beginning of each year, volunteer flower gardeners submit a plan and plant order for their flower garden.
List of current adopted flower gardens:
Flower Gardener Expectations
Long-term commitment: Volunteer Flower Gardeners must agree to planting and long-term upkeep of the flower garden in a public park. The parks maintenance staff will not assume responsibility for the flower garden if a volunteer relinquishes their duties.
- Maintenance Plan: The Parks Division requires volunteers to do all of the required maintenance of the flower garden including, but not limited to: site preparation, planting, watering, weeding, mulching, and litter removal.
- Water Source: If there is not a water source near your flower garden, the volunteer is responsible for hauling water to the garden.
- Proposals: The plan and flower order are subject to review and approval by the Parks Division staff.
Becoming a Flower Gardener
Flower gardens in Madison Parks are designed, planted, and maintained by volunteers every year. If you are interested in starting a new garden or want to receiving flowers for a current garden in Madison Parks, please see process below.
Flower Gardeners are encouraged to submit before and after photos.
Flower Gardener Process
Be sure to include the following information:
- Main contact
- Type of plants preferred and quantity (plant type not guaranteed)
- Need for mulch and quantity
- Individual Volunteer Release Form: MS Word | PDF
- Groups of volunteers should fill out the Group Volunteer Release Form: MS Word | PDF
Submit your completed application to:
City of Madison Parks Division
1402 Wingra Creek Parkway
Madison, WI 53715