From 5:30 a.m. on 09/13/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 09/14/2017, MPD received 454 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 8:50 a.m. Officers responded to an anonymous tip regarding a student in possession of a weapon at a north side school. The student was contacted and the call was found to be unsubstantiated. There is a possible on-going feud taking place between juveniles which could have led to this accusation/call.
2) EAST: Sexual Assault – 1:45 p.m. Officers responded to Dunning Street for a report of a sexual assault of a child by a known suspect. Child Protective Services is plugged in. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Explosives Investigation – 2:01 p.m. Officers responded to the 7800 block of Stratton Way for a fire investigation. Officers arrived with MFD to find a home in complete ruins. Officers along with MFD, ATF, MGE, CV1, EOD and others responded. Investigation continuing. Press Conference(s) conducted by MFD.
4) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 3:09 p.m. Officers responded to the 1600 block of Wright Street for a report of a missing juvenile (13 year old AAM). No medical or mental health concerns for the juvenile. Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
5) NORTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 4:00 p.m. Officers responded to the 2200 block of E. Washington Avenue for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old HM). Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
6) WEST: Disturbance – 4:58 p.m. Officers responded to Pizarro Circle after a road-rage incident was reported. The victim (47 year old AAF) reported that the suspect (67year old WF) was upset after she did not move forward immediately after the light turned green. The suspect yelled at the victim, used racial slurs and ended up following the victim. The suspect was contacted and was issued a citation for disorderly conduct.
7) WEST: Sexual Assault – 5:33 p.m. Officers took a report of a sexual assault that occurred in the 900 block of Hidden Cave Road between a victim (20 year old WF) and a suspect (26 year old MW). Investigation continuing, which includes the involvement of another law enforcement agency/jurisdiction regarding previous assaults in other locations.
8) CENTRAL: Check Person – 6:28 p.m. Officers responded to the area of S. Dickinson and E. Washington Avenue to check the welfare of a subject (39 year old WF) who was in a wheelchair sitting on the railroad tracks. A safety plan was developed with the subject, she was conveyed to a local shelter and an appointment was scheduled with Crisis for the next day. Staff at the shelter will contact 911 if the subject leaves/violates the safety plan so that the process can be pursued for taking the subject into protective custody.
9) SOUTH: Armed Robbery – 8:26 p.m. Officers responded to the 2000 block of Fisher Street for an armed robbery. The victim (37 year old AAM) reported that he was robbed at gunpoint by two suspects in a vehicle that stopped as he was walking. The two suspects (AAMs) drove away after taking items from the victim. Investigation continuing.
10) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:19 p.m. Officers responded to the 3800 block of Stonebridge Drive for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old WM). Officers were able to make phone contact with the juvenile but he refused to advise of his location. Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
11) WEST: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 9:45 p.m. Officers responded to the 5800 block of Balsam Rd for a report of a missing juvenile (15 year old AAF). Attempt to locate aired and the juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
12) NORTH: Drug Incident Overdose – 11:31 p.m. Officers responded to the 2600 block of Shopko Drive where a subject (24 year old WF) was having an overdose. MPD Officer administered Naloxone to the subject while a Capitol PD Sergeant administered chest compressions. Efforts were successful in reviving the subject. The subject was transported to a local hospital and once she is medically cleared will be transported to jail on a probation hold and possession of heroin charge.
13) CENTRAL: Check Property – 3:56 a.m. Officers responded to the 400 block of W. Washington Avenue for a subject attempting to break into a home. The subject (22 year old WM) is found to be extremely intoxicated, to the point that he did not realize the home he was entering was not his own. The homeowner attempted to have the subject leave his home but due to the subject's intoxication level the attempt was not successful. Officers arrive and transport the subject to Detox. Investigation continuing.