From 5:30 a.m. on 12/10/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/11/2017, MPD received 256 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Drug Incident Overdose – 6:47 a.m. Officers responded along with MFD to Spaanem Ave for a subject (45 year old WF) who made suicidal comments to her husband and attempted to overdose on various medications. The subject was conscious upon arrival of officers. She was transported to a local hospital for an evaluation/treatment.
2) EAST: Check Person – 10:39 a.m. Officers responded to a business in the 2900 block of E. Washington Ave to check the welfare of a subject who was acting strangely, according to the caller. The subject was described as pacing back and forth in front of the store and attempting to talk with customers. The subject was no longer on scene when officers arrived. Area checked, subject not located.
3) EAST: Preserve the Peace – 11:29 a.m. Officers responded to a local motel on East Towne Blvd for a report of individuals refusing to vacate their room after their rented time was over. Officers arrived and the individuals agreed to leave peacefully after successful dialogue with the officers.
4) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 1:04 p.m. Officers responded to Monroe St/Harrison St for a suspect (41 year old WM) who was attempting to start fights with people on the street and who appeared to be under the influence. The suspect was contacted and taken into protective custody. The suspect was originally cooperative with officers but his demeanor changed as he was being transported to detox. The suspect began kicking and hitting his head. He then fought officers as they were attempting to safely restrain him. The suspect was transported to the hospital and once he was given a medical clearance, he was conveyed to the jail on charges of resisting, threats to law enforcement and bail jumping.
5) EAST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 4:01 p.m. Officers responded to Great Gray Dr where a parent reported that her young child may have been sexually assaulted by another child (known to them). Child Protective Services plugged in. Safety plan established. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Sexual Assault – 4:10 p.m. Officers responded to a local hospital to meet with a victim (23 year old WF) who reported a sexual assault by a known suspect to her (33 year old AAM). Investigation continuing.
7) CENTRAL: Fight Call – 10:13 p.m. Officers responded to the 100 block of State St for a fight in progress between two subjects (48 year old AAM victim and 48 year old AAM suspect). Both subjects were generally uncooperative. The incident was caught on city cameras. The 48 year old AAM suspect was ultimately arrested for disorderly conduct.
8) SOUTH: Conveyance/Detox – 10:30 p.m. Officers responded to the 2500 block of Fish Hatchery Rd to check the welfare of a subject who appeared to be intoxicated and almost was hit by a vehicle. The subject (32 year old WM) was located. The subject began to take off his clothes and yelled for officers to use the taser on him or shoot him. The subject was taken into protective custody and conveyed to detox.