From 5:30 a.m. on 12/21/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/22/2017, MPD received 410 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) EAST: Juvenile Arrest – 8:28 a.m. Officers responded to a group home on the west side to take a juvenile into custody on a capias (juvenile warrant). The juvenile (14 year old HF) was transported to the Juvenile Reception Center.
2) WEST: Assist Police – 11:22 a.m. Officers responded to assist Fitchburg PD with traffic control regarding a stolen vehicle that crashed into a power line at Allied Dr/Cresent Dr. The vehicle was reported stolen from Fitchburg.
3) WEST: Crash with Injuries – 12:20 p.m. A K9 Officer and her K9 partner were heading north on S. Gammon Rd just north of the Beltline when they were rear-ended by another vehicle. The officer was taken to a local hospital for an evaluation. The K9 did not suffer any injuries. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Drug Incident Overdose – 1:41 p.m. Officers responded, along with MFD, to a subject having an overdose in a vehicle parked in the 7800 block of Mineral Point Road. The subject (39 year old WM) was revived with Naloxone (administered by MFD). The subject admitted to purchasing heroin and snorting it after he was released from jail earlier in the morning. The suspect was arrested for possession of heroin and a probation hold.
5) NORTH: Death Investigation – 8:13 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence for a report of a deceased subject. The decedent (65 year old WM) had multiple health issues. Nothing suspicious noted on scene. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
6) WEST: Armed Robbery – 9:25 p.m. A suspect (AAM) entered the Dollar Tree located at 688 S. Whitney Way, armed with a handgun, and demanded money. The suspect fled on foot. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
7) EAST: Check Property – 10:37 p.m. Officers responded to the Darbo/Worthington neighborhood where multiple callers reported hearing shots fired. Dane County Sheriff's Department conducted a high risk traffic stop on a suspicious vehicle in the area. Meanwhile, residents on Powers Ave were contacted and it was determined that the intoxicated resident was setting off fireworks. This call was in the Town of Blooming Grove. The investigation was turned over to the Sheriff's Department.
8) SOUTH: Weapons Offense/Shots Fired – 11:29 p.m. Officers responded to the 2900 block of Turbot Dr for a report of shots fired. Area checked, no evidence of shots fired. Additional canvassing will need to be done during daylight hours. Investigation continuing.
9) CENTRAL: Threats Complaint – 2:38 a.m. Officers responded to a 911 call where an anonymous caller reported being threatened by a subject (AAM) who was sitting in a vehicle. The caller was uncooperative and did not wait for officers to respond. It is unclear if a weapon was observed. Area checked, nothing suspicious located.