From 5:30 a.m. on 01/08/2018 through 5:30 a.m. on 01/09/2018, MPD received 339 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) NORTH: Found Person – 6:19 a.m. Officers responded to Northport Dr where a 3 year old child was discovered outside alone. The mother and grandmother were contacted. They were both sleeping at the time when the child wandered off and had no idea the child was gone. Both the mother and grandmother were appropriately concerned. No other issues identified. Child left in their care. Child Protective Services notified.
2) EAST: Armed Robbery – 9:14 a.m. Officers responded to an armed robbery at Old National Bank located at 216 Cottage Grove Rd. The suspect (AAM) displayed a handgun and fled on foot. K9 track conducted. Press release completed. Investigation continuing.
3) WEST: Sexual Assault of a Child – 11:41 a.m. A victim (15 year old male) reported a sexual assault that occurred over the summer to his mother. The police were contacted about this incident. Investigation continuing.
4) WEST: Sexual Assault – 11:41 a.m. Officers responded to Hayes Rd for a report of a sexual assault by a victim (23 year old WF). The victim identified three known individuals as potential suspects (all AAMs). Investigation continuing.
5) WEST: Domestic Disturbance – 11:44 a.m. Officers received a report of a domestic disturbance between two subjects who were in a vehicle driving. The driver/victim (32 year old WF) was able to pull into a parking lot where officers contacted them. The victim described a verbal argument between herself and the suspect (40 year old AAM). She also reported that the suspect grabbed her head and banged it against the driver's window. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery and a probation/parole warrant.
6) EAST: Sexual Offense Miscellaneous – 2:00 p.m. Officers responded to McLean Dr to contact a juvenile (HF) and her mother regarding a video posted on social media of a sexual encounter the juvenile had. Officers were unable to locate any identifying information regarding the male subject. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Juvenile Arrest – 2:03 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a vehicle in a parking lot playing loud music. Officers arrived and observed/recognized the driver of the vehicle (15 year old AAF) who fled the parking lot. Officers responded to the juvenile's residence and located her. The juvenile was arrested on charges of OMVWOC - operating a motor vehicle without consent (vehicle stolen out of Baraboo) and eluding. She was transported to the Juvenile Reception Center.
8) SOUTH: Civil Dispute – 3:06 p.m. Officers responded to W. Olin Ave for a child custody dispute situation between the child's biological mother and the father (who is incarcerated). The child is staying with the father's girlfriend and her mother. No formal custody plan in place. All parties, including Child Protective Services, were contacted. Ultimately, the child was left in the care of the father's girlfriend.
9) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 6:25 p.m. Officers responded to the 2100 block of S. Park St for a report of a theft of meat from a truck. The suspect (53 year old AAM) was identified, located and arrested for burglary. He was also charged with throwing/discharging bodily fluids at a public service worker for spitting on the officer.
10) NORTH: Sexual Assault of a Child – 6:58 p.m. Officers responded to a north side residence regarding concerns over sexual contact/encounter between a 14 year old (HF) juvenile and another juvenile (16 year old WM). Investigation continuing.
11) SOUTH: Adult Arrested Person – 7:45 p.m. Officers responded to a report of a stolen vehicle that was left unoccupied, running and unlocked in the 600 block of S. Park St. The vehicle was located and two occupants ran from officers when contact was attempted. A 17 year old AAM was apprehended and arrested for resisting and felony bail jumping. Investigation continuing regarding additional charges/second occupant.
12) NORTH: Assist EMS/Fire – 10:14 p.m. Officers responded, along with MFD/EMS, to Calypso Rd for a subject (21 year old AM) having a medical emergency. The subject was conveyed to a local hospital and officers remained at the residence with the subject's baby until the child's mother could be contacted. Investigation revealed that the subject may have consumed cocaine. Child Protective Services notified. The child was left in the care of the mother. Investigation continuing.
13) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 11:39 p.m. Officers responded to the 300 block of N. Brooks for a man threatening another subject with a knife. The suspect (45 year old AAM) was located, along with the knife. The suspect and victim (28 year old AAM) were involved in an argument over cigarettes. The suspect was conveyed to jail on charges of disorderly conduct while armed, resisting arrest, carrying a concealed weapon and a probation hold.
14) CENTRAL: Adult Arrested Person – 12:00 a.m. Officers responded to the 1000 block of Wisconsin Place for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (31 year old WF victim and her 33 year old WM boyfriend/suspect). The suspect intentionally accelerated his vehicle as the victim was attempting to get into the vehicle. The victim sustained injuries. The victim did not cooperate fully with officers and refused medical attention. The suspect was arrested for domestic battery.