The information contained in my blog is derived from notes provided by MPD Officers-In-Charge (OIC) at the end of their shifts. Most narratives represent early and preliminary information that was gathered by an OIC from those in the field who were actively working cases. The OIC is sharing what they were being told, in the moment. In many instances, facts and circumstances, even the type of crime listed, can change as officers, detectives and investigators continue their work.
From 6:00 a.m. on 08/12/2019 through 6:00 a.m. on 08/13/2019, MPD received 466 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials. For purposes of clarification, the following abbreviations are short-hand for race designations: W=White, AA=African American, NA=Native American, H=Hispanic, ME=Middle Eastern, A=Asian, MR=Mixed Race, U=Unknown. MPD shifts are staggered as follows: 1st detail=7 a.m. to 3 p.m., 2nd detail=12 p.m. to 8 p.m., 3rd detail=3 p.m. to 11 p.m., 4th detail=8 p.m. to 4 a.m., 5th detail=11 p.m. to 7 a.m.
To further break down the 466 calls for service for the past 24-hours, this is how the calls came in per district: Central (95), East (94), Midtown (79), North (68), South (47), West (55), and Other (28). Other=these are calls for service that either do not have a sector listed or the sector is not in the City. For example, if one of our officers assists another law enforcement agency, their sector is not listed in our districts so therefore it is listed under "other".
**Priority calls only from 4:46pm-6:50pm due to calls for service.
**Priority calls only from 8:40pm-10:15pm due to calls for service.
1) WEST: Disturbance – 7:05 a.m. Officers responded to Adderbury Lane for a disturbance. The victim (31-year-old WF) was contacted by her ex/suspect (34-year-old AAM) after he became upset about seeing a photo of the victim with a male friend of his. The victim ran out of her residence and was confronted by a friend of the suspect (29-year-old AAF). The suspect reportedly told his friend to beat up the victim, which the friend proceeded to do. Both suspects fled and are at-large. Probable cause was developed to arrest both suspects, once they are located. Investigation continuing.
2) MIDTOWN: Drug Incident/Overdose – 9:49 a.m. Officers responded to S. Whitney Way for a subject/suspect (28-year-old WM) experiencing an overdose. MFD administered Naloxone, which revived the suspect. The suspect was conveyed to a local hospital and cited for possession of heroin/drug paraphernalia.
3) CENTRAL: Assist EMS/Adult Arrested Person – 12:34 p.m. Officers responded, along with EMS, to S. Carroll St for a report of a subject/suspect (42-year-old WM) passed out. The suspect was awake/alert and attempting to walk away as officers arrived. The suspect was found to have an outstanding warrant. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to a local hospital for a medical clearance and subsequently transported to jail for the warrant.
4) MIDTOWN: Check Person – 3:15 p.m. Officers received a request to check the welfare of a subject (56-year-old WM). There were concerns noted for the subject's mental health. Attempt to locate aired. The subject was not located. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Death Investigation – 4:14 p.m. Officers responded to an east side residence for a deceased subject (49-year-old WM). Medical Examiner's office responded. Death appears to be a result of natural causes. Investigation continuing.
6) SOUTH: Information/Strong Armed Robbery – 5:48 p.m. Officers responded to the 2400 block of S. Park St where a food delivery driver/victim (21-year-old WM) reported being robbed by a suspect (UF). The suspect fled with cash. Incident Report on MPD's website completed. Investigation continuing.
7) WEST: Found Person(s) – 8:52 p.m. Officers responded to a west side residential area where the caller located two young children (4-year-old and 6-year-old) unattended. By the time officers arrived, the father of the child was on scene. No charges have been substantiated at this time. Investigation continuing.
8) NORTH: Weapons Offense – 10:04 p.m. Officers responded to Troy Drive/School Rd for a report of shots fired. The caller reported observing a subject (AAM) run to a vehicle, with what appeared to be a gun in his hand. The subject/vehicle fled the area. Officers canvassed the area and did not locate any evidence of shots fired. Investigation continuing.
9) EAST: Domestic Disturbance – 10:29 p.m. Officers responded to the 5200 block of Milwaukee St for a domestic disturbance between two subjects (31-year-old AAF victim and 36-year-old AAM suspect). The subjects have children-in-common. The suspect, reportedly high on cocaine, was upset and demanded money from the victim. The victim would not allow the suspect into the residence, so the suspect kicked the door in. The suspect was not on scene when officers first arrived, but returned to the residence as the investigation was taking place. Probable cause was developed. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to jail and charged with domestic disorderly conduct and criminal trespassing.
10) CENTRAL: Traffic Arrest – 11:35 p.m. An officer conducted a traffic stop on E. Johnson St/Wisconsin Ave. The driver/suspect (33-year-old AAF) was administered field sobriety tests due to concerns for impairment. The suspect failed the tests and was placed under arrest. Open alcohol bottles and marijuana were observed in the vehicle. The suspect was arrested, conveyed to jail and charged with operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated (3rd offense) and casual possession of marijuana. Additional charges may be forthcoming. Investigation continuing.