If you have received a Parking Ticket, you have five options:
Before paying a ticket(s) there are some important facts to be aware of:
- You may pay multiple parking tickets per online session. However, each parking ticket must be entered individually. For example, if you have 2 tickets for $20 each, you cannot enter one payment for just 1 of those tickets in the amount of $40. That would be considered a $20 overpayment for the 1 ticket and the other ticket would still be outstanding.
- If your registration has been suspended, be aware that payments made online may take up to three days to apply against your outstanding ticket balance. If your license plate registration has been suspended due to the previous nonpayment of your ticket, it may take up to five days from the date you make your online payment for the Wisconsin Division of Motor Vehicles to clear the suspension.
- Parking Fee Notices received in the City's parking ramps are not payable online at this time. These tickets are designated by a Notice number beginning with the letter "P".
- If you would like to know what tickets you currently have due, contact:
Madison Police Department Court Services
Call: (608) 266-4170
Look up online: Parking Ticket Look-up
Mail a check or money order payable to:
PO Box 20
Madison, WI 53701-0020
Write the citation number on the check or money order. NO CASH ACCEPTED.
The Madison Police Department offers one full-service payment center:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Follow signs to Ground Floor, Room GR-10
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am - 4 pm
Accepted forms of payment
Cash, Money Order, Checks (that meet certain requirements), Visa or Mastercard
You will need to:
- Call (608) 266-4170 to schedule a Court Date
Go to: Court Services for more information.
Please note: Even though you may dispute a parking ticket, there are many reasons why a parking ticket will not be dismissed. Go to: What are reasons why my parking ticket will not be dismissed
What if my parking ticket was issued on Private Property - do I still have to pay?
Go to: Tickets on Private Property
Please note: If you think this ticket was issued in error, you need to set-up a court date with Court Services to be seen in Municipal Court. If you would like to have your ticket reviewed for error, then fill out the Parking Ticket Review Form. Parking tickets will only be dismissed, if the Madison Police Department determines that the ticket has been issued in error.