Rummage saleOne of the best ways to your unwanted items reused to hold a rummage sale. A rummage sale is a great way to turn your trash into cash.
Resale stores & donation opportunities
Here is a list of potential places where you can donate your unwanted items. Many offer free pick up, too.
Please call these organizations or check their websites to make sure they can use your unwanted items.
This list is not exhaustive as other specialty consignment or resale stores or events may exist locally. A quick internet search for "resale shops" or "thrift stores" or "donate" plus the item you would like to give away (for example, "donate toys") should reveal additional resources.
- Agrace Thrift Store:
- Madison East: 608-327-7200
- Madison West: 608-833-4556
- Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin:
- Dane County Humane Society Thrift Store
- Goodwill Industries:
- Madison East: 608-246-1990
- Madison West: 608-271-0048
- Habitat For Humanity Restore
- Madison East: 608-661-2813
- Madison West: 608-442-9919
- Schedule a home collection: 608-663-1191
- Middleton Outreach Ministry:
- 608-257-2534, extension 20
- Salvation Army:
- Schedule a home collection: 1-800-728-7825
- St. Vincent DePaul Stores,
- Madison East: 608-257-0673
- Madison West: 608-278-6370
- Schedule a home collection: 608-278-2920, extension 1
- 608-257-1436, Option 2
Online exchangesThere are a great many ways online to perform person-to-person exchanges of items from dedicated websites to social media sites.
Building materialsUnneeded or used building materials can find a new home through two reuse facilities in Madison. If you have material that might be useful you can donate it to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore, (608) 661-2813.
Both stores are an excellent place to find bargain materials for your home improvement projects.