Rummage saleOne of the best ways to your unwanted items reused to hold a rummage sale. A rummage sale is a great way to turn your trash into cash.
Resale stores & donation opportunities
Here is a list of potential places where you can donate your unwanted items. Many offer free pick up, too. Please call these organizations to make sure they can use your unwanted items. And this list is not exhaustive as other specialty consignment or resale stores or events may exist locally. A quick internet search for "resale shops" or "thrift stores" or "donate" plus the item you would like to give away (for example, "donate toys") can be found locally.
- Agrace Thrift Store:
- Madison East: 608-327-7200
- Madison West: 608-833-4556
- Bethesda House of Thrift: 608-223-1228
- Boomerangs: 608-268-0793
- Community Action Coalition for South Central Wisconsin: 608-246-4730
- Easter Seals Society: 608-257-7780
- Goodwill Industries:
- Madison East: 608-246-1990
- Madison West: 608-271-0048
- Habitat For Humanity:
- Madison East: 608-661-2813
- Madison West: 608-442-9919
- Middleton Outreach Ministry: 608-836-7338
- Porchlight: 608-257-2534, extension 20
- Salvation Army: 608-244-4680
- Savers: 608-441-1380
- St. Vincent DePaul Stores,
- Madison East: 608-257-0673
- Madison West: 608-278-6370
- Schedule a home collection: 608-278-2920, extension 1
- Steinway Piano Bank: 608-237-7373
- YWCA: 608-257-1436, Option 2
The Madison Stuff Exchange: A Reuse Web SiteThe City of Madison and Dane County have set up a reuse and resale web site called the Madison Stuff Exchange.
Building MaterialsUnneeded or used building materials can find a new home through two reuse facilities in Madison. If you have material that might be useful you can donate it to Habitat for Humanity's ReStore, (608) 661-2813.
Both stores are an excellent place to find bargain materials for your home improvement projects.