recycling & collection fees
Here is the items and the prices for the large items that require a special fee.
The fee is per item. For example if you have two televisions, then the grand total recycling fee charge is $30.
The fee applies if they are picked up at the curb, or taken to a drop-off site.
Use the work order system to pay the fees and schedule collection.
- You will not receive a sticker for items set at the curb.
- After you complete the order and pay the fee, then just the item(s) out on the date you selected in the work order
Use the work order system to pay the fees for any item that requires one that you you are dropping off.
- A fee sticker will be mailed to you for the items you will be bringing to the drop-off site.
- The item must have the sticker on the item before it will be accepted at the site.
- Stickers can also be purchased in-person from the Streets Division office staff.
- The staff that works in the drop-off site cannot sell stickers. You must go to the Streets office to do this in-person.
The items shaded in YELLOW below must be taken to a drop-off site. They will not be collected from the curb.
|$35 Fee Items||$15 Fee Items||$10 Fee Items||$5 Fee Item|
|Air compressors||"Dorm" refrigerators||Tires - car or small truck & off the rim|
|Air conditioners||Fluorescent light fixtures (bulbs removed)||Computers|
|Copy machines (office sized)||Gas grills||Monitors|
|Dehumidifiers||Lawn mowers||Tires - large truck|
|Dishwashers||Leaf shredders||Tires still on the rim|
|Freezers (must remove doors)||Items with engine size equivalent to a lawn mower, garden tiller, etc.|
|Hot tubs||Televisions (all sizes)|
|Large commercial appliances|
|Large medical devices|
|Refrigerators (full size; must remove doors)|
|Tanning beds (remove bulbs, if possible)|
There will be no fee for the following Items
- Weed whackers / string trimmers / etc.
- Space heaters
- Exercise equipment
- Stereo Equipment (Can be recycled at drop-off sites)
- Garbage disposals
- Toasters and toaster ovens
- Printers (Must be recycled at drop-off sites)
- Radios (Can be recycled at drop-off sites)
- VCRs (Must be recycled at drop-off sites)
Small appliances that do not require a fee and are mostly metal and also weigh less than 10 pounds, like a toaster, can be placed into the green recycling cart.
Items like stereo equipment, box fans, Christmas tree lights and certain other small consumer electronics can be recycled at no charge at the drop-off sites. .
Certain other electronics like VCRs, printers, must be recycled because they are banned from the landfill. Electronics banned from the landfill can be brought to the drop-off sites for recycling, and please note that some banned items, like computers, require a fee.
There are also several scrap dealers in town who will accept most old appliances, some charge a fee. Call dealers first for prices and conditions of disposal.
Dealers that accept appliances include:
- All Metal Recycling: 1802 S. Park St. (608) 255-0960
- Kruser Recycling : 6421 Edna Taylor Parkway (608) 223-9220
- Resource Solutions: 5493 Express Cir. (608) 244-5451
- Alter Recycling: 4400 Sycamore Ave. (608) 241-1571
- Buy stickers for items to be dropped off
- Fee sticker is mailed after a successful purchase. Allow 1 week for delivery.
- Items that require a fee need sticker attached before they will be accepted
- For drop-off, you only need to use the work order system for items that require a fee
- Schedule curbside collection
- You will not receive a fee sticker for items you pay for via the work order system and schedule for curbside pickup
- Just set the items out on the day you selected
- Having trouble with the online system?