Trash and Recycling Holiday Schedule
The Streets Division does not provide curbside collections or operate the drop-off sites on City holidays.
Those holidays are:
- New Year's Day
- For 2023, the holiday will be observed on Monday, January 2. There will be no collections and the drop-off sites will be closed on this day.
- Martin Luther King Jr.. Holiday
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth (June 19)
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- New Year's Eve
Curbside Collection of Trash and Recycling
Your collection calendar will account for the holidays.
The Streets Division provides trash and recycling collection for the districts impacted by the holiday on the next working day. For example, if a holiday falls on a Monday, then everyone with a Monday trash & recycling collection will have their collection postponed until Tuesday.
The only residents that will have their trash and recycling collection delayed for holidays are those whose regularly scheduled day would fall on the holiday. For example, if Monday is a holiday, then the people with a Monday collection should set their carts out for a Tuesday pickup - but no one else needs to adjust their schedule. Set the appropriate carts out on your regularly scheduled day.
The Two-Day Thanksgiving Holiday
- Residents in the Thursday refuse district will have their material collected the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- Residents in the Friday District will have their material collected on the following Monday.