Landmarks & Construction in Historic Districts
To determine whether or not a building is listed as a landmark or in an historic district, Find out the zoning for your property . If the property is subject to the Landmarks Commission's ordinance it will have a corresponding suffix (or prefix) on the zoning category, such as TR-V1 "HIS-UH."
- HIS-L: designated landmark
- H: Mansion Hill historic district
- HIS-TL: Third Lake Ridge historic district
- HIS-UH: University Heights historic district
- HIS-MB: Marquette Bungalows historic district
- HIS-FS: First Settlement historic district
The Landmarks Commission reviews projects involving changing the exterior appearance of a building that is either officially designated as a landmark or located within a designated historic district. It also reviews demolitions and new construction on sites located in historic districts.
Related Forms & Handouts
- Landmarks Commission Application
- Landmarks Commission Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadlines
- Information on Landmarks Commission Process