Learn more about in-person services and schedule an in-person appointment.
City of Madison Transportation Offices Reopening to the Public on July 6, 2021
Thursday, July 1, 2021 - 9:32am
The Transportation office, home of the Divisions of Traffic and Parking, will reopen to the public on Tuesday, July 6, 2021, coinciding with the full reopening of the Madison Municipal Building. An online scheduling system for in-office appointments, “No Wait Inside”, will also become available for public use. This program will allow customers to schedule appointments for specific services.
Please remember, it may still be fastest and most convenient to use available online services for the following:
- Street Occupancy Permit – Construction and Dumpsters.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online using Accela Citizen Access. If you experience any issues or have any questions while setting up your account you can call our IT staff at 608-261-4293 or email email@example.com. An appointment can be made to collect paperwork, associated permits and signs once approval has been acquired.
- Street Occupancy - Moving or Temporary storage
Applications for a Street Occupancy Permit for moving and temporary storage containers can be initiated via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Parking Utility Office. It is advisable to call ahead.
- Residential Permit Parking Program:
Application and payment process can be completed on-line here. Once verified and approved, the permit is mailed to the applicant. No need to visit the office in person. If the permit is needed quickly, one can schedule an appointment to collect the permit in person.
- No Parking Signs and Meter Signs:
It is recommended to call the office ahead of time to coordinate these requests. An appointment can be made once the requests has been processed.
- Contractor Permits – for meter use
Applications and payment for these permits can also be submitted by email or fax. An appointment can be made to purchase these in person.
GARAGES AND LOTS:
Off-street facilities require payment for all parking sessions. Rates are in effect every day, 24 hours of the day.
- Current parking availability in all City-owned facilities and rate information.
- Pay-on-foot stations near most pedestrian entrances available for cash or credit payment of parking, credit/debit card payment options at exit gates.
- To obtain a monthly parking permit, contact the Parking Division Office email@example.com to begin processing your application. You will have the option to either have the pass mailed to you, or you can stop into our office to pick up/pay for your permit by scheduling an appointment here.
The Traffic Engineering and Parking Division offer a number of additional services though the websites:
Traffic Engineering: https://www.cityofmadison.com/trafficengineering
Parking Division: https://www.cityofmadison.com/parking-utility