Parking Lot News
Several parking lots are getting their stripes repainted in 2023 and will be closed on the scheduled day. The dates below are tentative and may experience weather-related delays. The process typically begins at 8:00am a scheduled day and takes just a few hours from start to finish.
- Monday, August 21: Gates of Heaven and James Madison Park
- Friday, August 25: Olbrich Biergarten and Rutabaga
- Monday, August 28: Wingra Park, followed by Brittingham Park (Madison Boats) and shelter
- Wednesday, August 30: Tenney Park
- Wednesday, Sept. 6: Vilas Park at Henry Vilas Zoo
Parking lots in parks are available for park programs or events during regular park hours: 4:00 am to 10:00 pm. Please observe the following.
Law Park: metered parking stalls
- Driving or parking motorized vehicles is not allowed on the grass or near a shelter and is subject to a citation.
- Three-hour limit in all parks, as posted.
- No parking after hours: 10pm to 4am. Overnight parking is not allowed.
- Conservation park hours are 4am until one hour after sunset
- Follow all onsite parking regulation signs.
- Violators are subject to a fine.
The parking lot located on the eastern side of Law Park, commonly known as the Blair Lot, is a metered parking lot, enforced by City of Madison Parking Division between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
View all Parking Lots