Join the MPD TeamThe mission of the Training Team is to support the mission of the Madison Police Department by recruiting, training and continually developing programs and initiatives that create a workforce that is committed to excellence, empowered to act, adaptive to change, innovative in its approach to solving problems and an example of best practices in the policing profession.
MPD Hiring Process
Policing in partnership with our community - join our team by becoming an officer and make a difference!
Starting salary from $52,708 annually, with a raise after six months to $58,608.
Some of the other benefits are:
- Health insurance coverage through five different options (some of these programs are at no cost to the employee)
- Thirty-seven and one-half (37-1/2) hour work week
- Pension covered through the Wisconsin Retirement System; contributions made by employer and employee
- Educational incentive pay plan after forty-two (42) months of continuous service
- Wage, life, and disability insurance plans
- Labor Contracts and Employee Handbooks
July 10, 2019 8:42 AM
We are currently accepting applications for our 2020 academy. If you would like to be considered for our next testing session, applications must be received by September 3, 2019. Instructions are provided on our website at: http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ [read more]
February 14, 2019 9:59 AM
We are currently accepting applications for our 2020 academy! To be considered for our first testing session of 2019, applications must be received by April 1st. http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ #FindYourBlueCalling #MPDstrong [read more]
October 8, 2018 10:09 AM
Take a look at our "Join the Team" page on our website for more information about our hiring process. http://www.cityofmadison.com/police/jointeam/ [read more]
Jennifer Krueger Favour
Captain of Training
Find your BLUE calling at the MPD Training Center: It all starts with the people we hire!