Community Events on State Street and the Capitol Square
Posted Thursday, July 2, 2020 at 12:55 pm
Special Events Update: Public Health Madison & Dane County (PHMDC) has issued order #7 effective July 2, 2020 at 8:00am. Under PHMDC order #7, outdoor public gatherings are now limited to 25 or fewer people (not including employees) abiding by physical distancing requirements.
If an event meets the criteria to occur under this order or any future orders, organizers must submit a detailed plan that shows how they will meet PHMDC requirements for physical distancing and cleaning policies, and a plan for monitoring attendance at the event. Please contact us at MadisonEvents@cityofmadison.com for additional information.
If this order, or any future order(s) restricting gatherings of people, are in place on the date of an event, the order in place at the time supersedes and may invalidate any approved street use or park event permit, if the order includes restrictions that prohibit the size or nature of an event.
Downtown Performance Space Permit
Downtown Performance Space Permits are often used for music, speakers, rallies or performances. Locations cannot be reserved more than 3 weeks in advance. These reservable areas have electrical outlets. The cost for the reservation is $15 for the permit plus $0.25/hour for electrical use. No amplification is allowed outside of the given timeframes. Any setup or teardown time may not interfere with other designated permit times.
If the location or timeframe of your event falls outside the above list, you will need to apply for a STREET USE PERMIT. Please be aware that the Street Use Permit application requires a minimum of 30 days advance submission and a $100 non-refundable application.
How to Reserve a Downtown Performance Space:
- Online - Online Reservations are not available at this time - please email email@example.com to reserve these spaces.
- Call - Phone the Madison Parks Administration office, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:15 pm at (608) 266-4711 to check on time availability and make reservation.
Locations and Times:
Confluence at Library Mall (formerly State Street Mall, Podium)
- 700 - 800 State St. Map
- Available daily - 12:30-1:30 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
Peace (Elizabeth Link) Park
- 452 State Street Map
- Mon. - Wed. 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
- Thu. - Sun. 12:00-1:00 pm, 1:30-2:30 pm, 3:00-4:00 pm, 4:30-5:30 pm OR 6:00-7:00 pm
The Forum (formerly 30 On the Square, Top of State)
- Top of State St., next to the Wisconsin Veterans Museum Map
- Sun. - Fri. - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
- Sat. - 9:30-11 am, 11:30-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
- 100 N Hamilton St., next to the Madison Children's Museum Map
- Sun. - Fri. - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
- Sat. - 9:30-11 am, 11:30-1:00 pm OR 5:00-7:00 pm
Concrete Park/Frances Plaza
- 500 N. Frances St., where N. Frances meets State St. Map
- Available daily - 12:00-1:00 pm OR 5:00-9:00 pm
Phone (608) 264-9289 or email Madison Events
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Street Use Staff Commission
- Events on Madison Streets Packet
- Events that Need Water Quality Testing
More Parks & Facilities Available for Reservation
- Park Shelter Reservations
- Olbrich Botanical Gardens Reservations
(608) 246-4733 / Email
- Warner Park Community Recreation Center Reservations