Before you put an item out for collection consider donating reusable items to one of the many area thrift stores, or using online person-to-person exchanges and your social media networks.
Appliances are considered a large item.
They must be placed out for collection by 6:30am on the scheduled large item day for your home and have the appropriate recycling fee sticker attached, if one is required.
Appliances should be four feet from obstructions, including low branches and low wires.
Televisions, computers (including laptops), and monitors must not be placed at the curb. These items must be brought to our drop off sites.
This washing machine needs a $35 recycling fee sticker. And it's too close to the tree.
- Order online
- Sticker is mailed after a successful purchase. Allow 1 week for delivery.\
- By Mail:
- Mail request to Street Division, 1501 W. Badger Rd., Madison, WI 53713
- Make checks payable to City Treasurer
- Allow 1 week for request to arrive and another week for sticker to arrive
- By Phone
- Call 608-266-4681.
- Provide credit card info to clerk during regular business hours Monday - Friday 7:30am - 4pm
- Sticker is mailed after purchase. Allow 1 week for delivery.
- Walk-in purchase options unavailable due to COVID-19.
- Libraries are closed due to COVID-19.
All Madison Public Library branches during their regular business hours. The libraries accept cash or check only. No credit cards.