Alder Regina Vidaver
- Phone: (608) 616-0669
- Contact Alder Regina Vidaver
- Contact Council
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Smoky's neighborhood meeting THURSDAY 1/13, please give blood, new ambulance and more
We have another online neighborhood meeting this week, Thursday, January 13 at 6:30pm, to discuss a proposed development at the current Smoky's site on University Avenue. Please register in advance to join the meeting. You may send me your questions in advance, or of course, ask them in real time at the meeting.
If you missed last week's neighborhood meeting on the Speedway development, don't fret! You can review the recording at your leisure. The developers are just beginning the process with the City, and there may be modifications to the plans as they move forward, depending on feedback from various City departments.
Blood supplies are dangerously low in our area. Please, if you are able, donate blood as soon as possible.
Hats off to the crossing guards who keep our children safe as they travel to and from school! Let your local crossing guard know you appreciate them during this recognition week.
As a result of the creativity of my fellow Alder, Jael Currie during our budget negotiations, Madison has added a needed ambulance to our service.
The Board of Parks Commissioners will be discussing adoption of the Greater East Towne Plan as a supplement to the Comprehensive Plan at their meeting on Wednesday.
- Removing snow from all Metro bus stops requires a lot of teamwork! The team does the best they can removing snow from every stop, however some get missed along the way. For fast results, please let the City know when they miss a stop by using the City Report-a-Problem form.
- The Streets Division has several ways for you to stay informed about snow plow updates:
- Get Snow Plow Updates informing you of what the Streets Division is doing to fight the current snowfall.
- Follow the Streets Division on Twitter at Madison Winter.
- Find the Streets Division on Facebook.
- Are you planning to apply to the 2022 Neighborhood Grant Program? If so, you are required to meet with City staff to discuss your project by January 17, 2022. Grant awards in 2021 were for projects such as a gathering place in Mohican Triangle Park, Darbo Neighborhood Council leadership training, and the Junction Ridge Oasis in Junction Ridge Park. View photos of the Junction Ridge Oasis grand opening and learn more here.
- Take action: protect your trees from the gypsy moth. Winter is the time to take action and help control the gypsy moth population in Madison. While they prefer oak trees, all tree species are susceptible to gypsy moth infestation. You can help your trees by destroying the moth's egg masses, which can hold upwards of 1,000 eggs. The masses are fuzzy, brownish patches that are often found on tree trunks or other flat outdoor surfaces like picnic tables, sheds, and so on. There are two ways to destroy egg masses:
- First, you can scrape them from the surface and place them in a container filled with soapy water. Let them soak in the water for two days and then throw the masses into the trash.
- Or, you can apply a soybean oil-based product called "golden pest oil" directly to the egg masses to prevent them hatching. You can find golden pest oil at garden centers.
Learn more about what homeowners can do to protect their trees from moths at the UW-Extension website.
- Streets Division Updates
- Large item pickup service has increased! Instead of monthly set-out opportunities, you will see many more chances for pickup. In order to get your home on the pickup schedule, you must submit a work order.
- The Streets Division drop-off sites are now on winter hours. Be sure to check the drop-off site webpage so you know the hours before loading your car.
- 2022 is here, so be sure you have the current trash and recycling collection calendar. Download your calendar today or call the Streets Division to have one mailed to your home.
Email to a friend