Alder Regina Vidaver
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd
Madison, WI 53703
Phone: (608) 266-4071
Fax: (608) 267-8669
WI Relay Service
Alder Vidaver’s Updates
Next election August 9, events & announcements
If recent events tell us nothing else, it's that elections have consequences. The next election is the partisan primary on August 9. I know this is a common time for vacations, so if you will be away, please request your absentee ballot as soon as possible. Visit myvote.wi.gov to check your voter registration, your polling place, and order your absentee ballot. The partisan election will be held on November 8.
- Join disability and voting advocates across the country for a 2-day virtual summit focused on getting out the disability vote in 2022. Sessions begin at noon on June 29 and 30.
- Rooted Dinners in the Garden, Thursdays, 3:30-6:30pm, Troy Farm, 502 Troy Drive.
- Well 15 Public Information Meeting and Listening Session, June 30, 6:30pm-8pm, East Madison Community Center, 8 Straubel Court.
- Please join the Madison Water Utility for an update on the current status of municipal Well 15, including information on an upcoming PFAS treatment project. This will be the first of several chances for members of the public to provide input on this project and to express any opinions, concerns or recommended priorities.
- Well 19 Public Information Meeting and Listening Session, Wednesday July 6th, 6-7:30pm, Eagle Heights Community Center, 611 Eagle Heights Drive.
- Receive an update on the current status of municipal Well 19, including information on an upcoming treatment project. This will be the first of multiple chances for members of the public to provide input on this project and to express any opinions, concerns or recommended priorities. A short presentation will be given by Water Utility staff, followed by an opportunity for public input. Following the presentation, interested parties are encouraged to join us for a tour of the Well 19 site (weather permitting).
- The Hillington Music Festival will be on Hillington Green at 6pm on July 3.
- The Dudgeon Monroe Neighborhood Association 4th of July Bike Parade and Celebration will be in Wingra Park from 9:30am-12:30pm. Volunteers are still needed!
- The Glen Golf Park Grand Reopening Celebration will begin on July 10 at 3pm. Schedule:
- 3:00 pm Short Presentation & Ribbon Cutting
- 3:30 pm Music by Spare Time Bluegrass
- 5:00 pm Movie Encanto
- Empower Madison is a leadership development event for students entering grades 6-9. The event will be held Tuesday, August 16 from 10am-4pm at 917 E. Mifflin St.
- Wisconsin Faith Voices for Justice is holding an interfaith Pride event on August 18 at First Baptist Church, with music and poetry beginning at 5pm, and the service beginning at 6:30pm.
- Madison Public Library's mobile library, the Dream Bus, began its summer schedule on June 21. Learn more about the Dream Bus and see the schedule.
- The election to name the Streets Division electric compactors is now open. The final day to vote is July 5.
- Madison residents can now download their trash and recycling calendars for the entirety of 2022. Go to the Streets Division's collection schedule website, and enter your address into the form.
- The Equal Opportunities Commission is now seeking nominations for the annual Reverend James C. Wright Human Rights Award. The award honors the late Reverend James C. Wright, who served as Executive Director of the Equal Opportunities Commission from its inception in 1968 until his retirement in 1992. Nominations are due by July 22.
- The Madison Cooperative Development Coalition has released its annual report, detailing its work in supporting worker cooperatives to create a sustainable ecosystem that will combat poverty, empower workers, and increase equity in Madison.
- The Madison Water Utility annual water quality report is now available.
Email to a friend