Pets & Animals
Animal services responds to complaints and can answer questions and provide education about animal care and health.
Emergency Contact & Complaints
An Animal Services Officer is dispatched by radio to respond to emergency complaints. Call (608) 255-2345 to report report a complaint. Emergency complaints include:
- Aggressive animals
- Animal bites
- Animals in traffic causing safety hazards
- Dogs in unauthorized park areas
- Investigation of cruelty/neglect complaints
- Rabies quarantine (issue orders, ensure owner compliance)
- Sick or injured animals, wild or domestic
- Stray or running at large domestic animals
Non-emergency Contact & Complaints
Call (608) 267-1989 for:
- Animal care/health information
- Animal feces accumulation complaints
- Classroom education for staying safe around animals and preventing rabies
- General information
- Non-emergency complaints
The Madison Police Department handles barking dog complaints. Please visit the Public Health Madison & Dane County Animal Services for other animal-related issues.
- Call the Madison Police Department Non-Emergency phone number: (608) 266-4275
- Press 6 or say "occurring now"
- A representative will ask for details about the situation