Olin Boat Launch Reduced Access Alert (August 14, 2021)
Due to a permitted event, the Olin Park boat launch will have very limited access on Saturday, August 14. We recommend using one of the other boat launches to access Lake Monona, such as Law, Olbrich or Monona's Tonyawatha Park and Winnequah Trail.
See MAP for launch locations.
ACCESS THE LAKES!
Surrounded by more than 15,000 acres of lakes, accessing the water is easy in Madison and surrounding communities with your Lake Access Permit. A daily or annual permit is required year-round at designated sites to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV (see locations below). Piers are available spring through fall. Installation and removal are dependent on the weather and lake conditions.
- A daily or annual permit is required year-round to launch a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV.
- Purchase permit ONLINE or by calling during regular office hours. Onsite kiosks are not available.
- The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year.
- The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield.
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
- LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
- LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
LAUNCH AREA PARKING RULES AND TIPS (Ordinance 8.16):
View all Boat Launches
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
Wingra Park and Boat Livery - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: No
Notes: No trailer parking available.