OPEN WITH PRECAUTIONS - HELP KEEP PIERS OPEN AND SAFE!
As of 04/09/2020: Piers are installed at Marshall, Olbrich, Olin, Tenney and Warner and may be used with the following precautions:
- One Person per Pier - please take turns and be courteous of others
- Common Touchpoints - use gloves, and hand sanitizer or disinfectant wipes
- Daily and Annual Permits - may be purchased ONLINE only, iron rangers are temporarily removed
Launch your watercraft or ATV!
Surrounded by over 15,000 acres of lakes, accessing the water is easy in Madison and surrounding communities with your Lake Access Permit. A daily or annual Lake Access Permit is required year-round for launching a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV from a designated lake access parking lots (see locations below). Piers are in place early/mid-spring through fall.
LAKE ACCESS PERMIT (Ordinance 8.215):
• A daily or annual Lake Access Permit is required year-round for launching a motorboat, sailboat, iceboat, canoe, kayak, or ATV from a designated lake access parking lot and may be purchased ONLINE.
• The permit is valid for the issue year through March 31 of the following year at designated launch sites in Madison, Monona and Dane County (see brochure map).
• The permit should be displayed on the inside driver's side windshield
DESIGNATED CITY OF MADISON LAUNCH LOCATIONS BY LAKE
LAKE MONONA: Law, Olbrich, Olin
LAKE MENDOTA: Marshall, Spring Harbor, Tenney, Warner
LAUNCH AREA PARKING RULES AND TIPS (Ordinance 8.16):
View all Boat Launches
- Long stalls are for parking vehicles with trailers only.
- Regular-size stalls are for parking vehicles with no trailer only.
- Parking on the grass is prohibited.
- When the launch parking lot is full, you must find an alternative launch site
- Violators are subject to a citation.
Wingra Park and Boat Livery - Boat Launch
Lake Access Permit Required: No
Notes: No trailer parking available.