OFF-LEASH DOG PARK NEWS
- Odana School small dog area is now open. The gate has moved and a smaller space is open while we rehabilitate the grass. We anticipate the whole small dog area to reopen in 2023.
Madison Parks offers 9 fenced, off-leash dog park areas with three locations, Odana School, Warner and Sycamore, providing a separate small dog fenced area.
WARNER PARK LAGOON
- REQUIRED A Dog Park Permit is required
- Purchase a daily or annual permit ONLINE or by calling (608)266-4711.
- The Annual Permit is valid for one calendar year and available after December 1 for the following year.
- A 2022 Permit will be available for purchase around November 15 and is valid through December 31. 2022.
- REQUIRED A dog license is required for ALL visiting dogs. City of Madison residents may purchase through the City Treasurer's Office.
- Dogs visiting from other areas are always welcome with proper licenses and/or vaccinations from your town/municipality. Be prepared to show proof if asked by a Park Ranger.
- A dog license is ONLY available after a rabies vaccination is administered by a veterinarian within 30 days after the dog reaches 4 months of age. Dogs under 5 months of age or without proper vaccinations, are therefore not licensed and are PROHIBITED.
- REQUIRED Dogs must remain on-leash to/from your vehicle to the inside of the dog park area.
- PROHIBITED AREAS Dogs are not allowed in any Dog Free Park, playgrounds, designated beaches, athletic fields, conservation parks, golf courses (in season) or in any park building. During the winter dogs are not permitted on groomed cross-country ski trails. LEARN MORE
- Bring Your Own Water Sharing water is not recommended and can lead to parasites and disease transmission. DO NOT LEAVE WATER OR WATER BOWLS.
Unlike the water at public beaches, the water in the lagoon at Warner Park is not tested by Public Health Madison & Dane County. Always check conditions before letting your dog in the water. LEARN MORE
PERMIT FREE DAY
Madison Parks in partnership with Dane County Parks annually offer one "free day" per year when no permit is required. This is typically in June and posted at least one month in advance.
On July 13, 2016 the Board of Park Commissioners
approved the Policy and Guidelines for Off-Leash Dog Park Service Area Standards within the Madison Park System
with Attachment A
. The Policy is intended to guide the Parks Division in planning new off-leash dog park (exercise) areas and to set standards for responding to requests for the creation of off-leash dog park (exercise) areas in the Madison Parks system.
View all Dog Off-Leash Parks
McCormick Park - Dog Off-Leash Park
Location: 702 N. McCormick Ave.
Bag Dispenser: Yes
Notes: .38 acres