Park Shelter Reservation Policies and Cancellations
STANDARD CANCELLATION POLICY - All events must follow the Public Health Madison & Dane County order in effect for the time of the event. Unless gatherings are prohibited, at which point you will receive a full refund, the standard cancellation policy, detailed below, will apply.
Helpful Dos, Don'ts and Tips
- Please bring your receipt as proof of your reservation.
- Setup and cleanup of your event must occur within your reservation time. Enclosed shelters may be accessed only during the time reserved.
- Park improvements and construction are on-going throughout the park system and may be happening during your reservation. Be sure to visit Parks Projects for a list of current and upcoming projects.
- Lights and outlets vary at each shelter. Lights at open-air shelters are on timers.
- Park amenities such as ball diamonds, tennis courts or play equipment are open to the public. Some amenities may be reserved in advance.
- Madison Parks does not rent additional tables, chairs or benches. You may bring your own or rent through a private company.
- If you plan to decorate at the shelter, you may use painter's tape only on shelter surfaces. Freestanding decorations are recommended. Nails, staples and glue are prohibited.
Cancellations, Refunds or Changes
- Changes to a reservation may be made 28 days or more before the event date and may have a $25 administrative fee.
- Cancellations to a reservation made during lottery day will receive a 50% refund up to 11 days before the event and no refund at 10 days or fewer before the event date.
- No refunds are given due to undesirable weather.
- Cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Parks office:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Room 104, Madison, WI 53703 or email@example.com.
|Cancellation Timeline||Refunds Amount|
|28 days or more prior to event||Full refund, minus $25 admin fee|
|27-11 days prior to event||50%|
|10 days or fewer prior to the event||No refund|
Picnic Shelters: Changes & Cancellations
- Cancellation requests must be submitted to the Parks Administration Office in writing to:
210 Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd, #104, Madison, WI 53703 or by email.
- There is no charge to change the date and/or location, if the request is received 28 days or more prior to event date.
- Full refunds are given, at no charge for cancellation requests received at least 28 days prior to the event date.
- Cancellations and changes received 27 to 11 days prior to the event date (counting notice date and event date) will incur a $10 administrative fee.
- No cancellations or changes will be accepted 10 days or fewer before the event date (counting notice date and event date).
Important Park Rules
- Park is open 4:00am to 10:00pm.
- Glass is NOT allowed in the park.
- Driving or parking vehicles on the grass is prohibited.
- No firearms or weapons are permitted. Violators are considered trespassers and subject to forfeiture or arrest.
- Additional fees may be charged for any staff cleanup time, park damages or policy violations.
If you have any issues, contact a Park Ranger, (608) 235-0448.