What makes a park use request a special event?
Here are a few examples of when a park use request may be considered a special event:
- A large number of participants are expected.
- The event will be promoted to the general public.
- Admission will be charged.
- A park not normally used for events, such as a neighborhood park or beach, has been requested.
- Beer will be sold.
- The purpose of the event is to raise money, whether for a non-profit/charity or as a commercial venture.
- The event will use extensive space in a park.
If you are not sure whether your event qualifies as a special event, contact the Community Events Assistant, (608) 264-9289 or email MadisonEvents@cityofmadison.com.
If your event requires a Park Event Permit, proceed to "STEP 1: Planning Your Event."
Olbrich Botanical Gardens Reservations
(608) 246-4733 / Email
Warner Park Community Recreation Center Reservations