Mental Health Liaison/Officer Programs Partners
The Madison Police Department works in collaboration with the following agencies in order to provide the best possible services to individuals within our community who are affected by various mental health issues. This list is not all inclusive but rather a list of agencies that the Madison Police Department interacts with on frequent basis when assisting individuals who suffer from a mental illness.
Journey Mental Health Center
The mission of Journey Mental Health Center is improving people's lives by pioneering and sustaining effective mental health and substance abuse services.
625 West Washington Avenue
Madison, WI 53703-2637
Phone: (608) 280-2700
Fax: (608) 280-2707
Website: Journey Mental Health Center
The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI)
NAMI Dane County, Inc. is a volunteer, not-for-profit organization whose mission is to provide education, advocacy, support and outreach concerning serious mental illnesses. We offer a newsletter, a large library and training programs for consumers, family members and providers. NAMI's education programs provide relevant information and valuable insight into living with severe and persistent mental illness. Whether you are a consumer, a family member, or a provider, there is a NAMI Dane County service to assist you.
United Way of Dane County
United Way of Dane County engages our community, mobilizes volunteers and strengthens local nonprofits to achieve measureable results and change lives.
Mission Statement: United we change lives and strengthen our community.
2059 Atwood Avenue
Madison, WI 53704
Phone: (608) 246-4350
Fax: (608) 246-4349
Website: United Way of Dane County
William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital
- 87-bed acute care facility.
- Provides tertiary medical, surgical, neurological, and psychiatric care, and a full range of outpatient services.
- Serves 130,000 Veterans who live in 15 counties in south-central Wisconsin and in five counties in northwestern Illinois.
- Madison is the specialty care referral center for an additional 57,000 Veterans who reside in the Tomah VAMC primary service area.
- The Madison VAH is affiliated with the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, and is physically connected to the University of Wisconsin Clinical Science Center which includes the UW Hospitals and Clinics.
- The hospital also supports a Vet Center in Madison.
- Madison is responsible for community based outpatient clinics (CBOCs) at Janesville, Baraboo, Beaver Dam, WI, and Rockford and Freeport, IL and a primary care annex at Madison West Clinic.
- The Madison VA Hospital is one of seven facilities that comprise Veterans Integrated Services Network 12 which is administratively headquartered at Hines, IL, and includes facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
2500 Overlook Terrace
Madison, WI 53705
Phone: (608) 256-1901
Website: William S. Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital