This website is undergoing scheduled maintenance on Sunday, April 18, 6:00 am – 6:00 pm. You may experience intermittent outages during this time.
Refuse & Recycling Container Winter Placement Do's & Don'ts
- The best placement is on your driveway after you have cleared it of snow.
- Carts can also be placed on a cleared area of your terrace, or after your street has been plowed, place it in the gutter right next to your driveway.
- Do not leave your cart on the sidewalk or on top of a snow bank.
- Improperly placed carts will not be collected.
- Alley placement: Carts must be placed at the alley edge. Carts on private property or by the garage will not be collected.
Holiday Refuse & Recycling Collection Schedule
Refuse, Large Item & Recycling
The Streets Division does not provide refuse, large item, recycling, brush, or leaf/yard waste collection on City holidays.
Those holidays are:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Jr.. Holiday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4th)
- Labor Day
- The Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
The Streets Division provides refuse and recycling collection for the districts impacted by the holiday on the next working day.
For example, all residents within the Monday collection district will have their refuse and recycling collected on the Tuesday following a Monday holiday.
During holiday weeks, the only residents impacted are the ones with their collection day scheduled for the holiday. For example, if you have a Wednesday collection day, and the Monday of a particular week is a holiday, your Wednesday collection of refuse or recycling should happen as scheduled.
Exception: The two-day Thanksgiving Holiday
- Residents in the Thursday refuse district will have their material collected the Wednesday before Thanksgiving.
- Residents in the Friday District will have their material collected on the following Monday.
Large Item Collection
Large item collection is generally delayed during weeks with holidays. Collections can become delayed because it is difficult to collect a full work week of material in the shortened holiday weeks with the equipment and personnel we have available. We work hard to stay on schedule, but in order to keep material from sitting too long at the curb, we ask that you please hold your large items until the following non-holiday-week collection period if possible.