New Payment Portal
The City of Madison has moved to a new Municipal Services payment portal. To protect your banking information, existing accounts will not be moved to the new portal. If you use e-billing, set up auto-pay, or get high water use notifications, you'll need to create a new account and re-sign up for these features.
All online payments need to be made through the new portal. To register, you will need:
- An email address.
- Your Municipal Service Account Number. This number has not changed.
- Your new Customer Number. This number is a "1", followed by your old customer number.
City of Madison residents can also continue to pay municipal service bills by mail and in-person.
Any late fees on Municipal Services bills with due dates of December 1 – December 31, 2022 will be waived.
Lost your account information?
If you don’t know your Account or Customer numbers, please email email@example.com to request them. In the subject line, please enter “Requesting Account and Customer ID.” In the message body be sure to include your name and service address.
Setting Up Your New Account
Visit step-by-step instructions on creating your account and enrolling in auto-pay.
- You can enroll in paperless billing through the online payment portal.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Auto pay is available.
- Create an account, or log into your account to set-up auto pay.
Pay without fees
- There is no fee to pay your municipal services bill by e-check online or by phone.
- There is no fee to pay your municipal services bill in-person with credit or debit card, cash, or check payment.
- There is no fee to pay by mail with a check.
See water usage
- View hourly water usage and set up threshold notifications through the online payment portal.
Features of the New Municipal Services Payment System
- Pay municipal services bills
- View your household’s water usage and set up threshold notifications
- Sign up for e-bills and auto pay
Understanding Your New Municipal Services Bill
For a breakdown of what your new bill will look like, view this example: Understanding Your New Municipal Services Bill
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
View a list of customer questions and our responses regarding the new Municipal Services payment portal.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for New Payment Portal
Get Email Updates
Subscribe to the Water Utility News & Alerts email list to get news and updates about the new payment system!