Vendors & Suppliers
Within thirty (30) days from the effective date of a contract or purchase order with the City, and prior to the release of payment by the City, all nonexempt Vendors and Suppliers are required to submit an approvable Affirmative Action Plan. Vendors and Suppliers have the option of completing:
- The model online Affirmative Action Plan application approved by the Common Council
- Or their own Affirmative Action Plan that meets the requirements of Federal Revised Order No. 4, 41 CFR Part 60-2.
- See below for Federal AA Plan requirements.
AA Plan Exemption (14 or Fewer): Contracts and/or purchase orders with individuals, partnerships, corporations, associations, or other entities including contractors, vendors, or suppliers, which employ fewer than fifteen (15) employees, qualify for an Affirmative Action Plan Exemption that can be completed online.
AA Plan Exemption (Less than $50k): Contracts and/or purchase orders with individuals, partnerships, corporations, associations, or other entities including contractors, vendors, or suppliers whose aggregate annual business with the City for the calendar year in which the contract takes effect is less than fifty thousand dollars ($50,000), qualify for an Affirmative Action Plan Exemption that can be completed online.
For instructions regarding how to enter your model online AA Plan application, visit: Affirmative Action Plan Instructions
For all vendors and suppliers including architectural design and engineering design companies. Engineering and design firms should complete the Vendors and Suppliers AA Plan application on this page.
- Instructions for Completing City of Madison Affirmative Action Plan
- Affirmative Action Plan for Vendors and Suppliers
- Self-Identification Form
- Guidelines for Classification of Employees by EEO-1 Job Category
- City of Madison Affirmative Action Articles of Agreement
- City of Madison Affirmative Action Plan Best Practices
- Sample Vendors and Suppliers AA Plan - Not for Submission
Federal AA Plan Requirements
Federal AA Plans must meet the requirements of Federal Revised Order No. 4, 41 CFR Part 60-2 and must include the following:
60-2.11 Organizational profile
60-2.12 Job group analysis
60-2.13 Placement of incumbents in job groups
60-2.14 Determining availability
60-2.15 Comparing incumbency to availability
60-2.16 Placement goals
60-2.17 Additional required elements of affirmative action programs
In addition to these sections, your Federal AA Plan must include the following appendices:
- A work force utilization analysis and goals and timetables for applicants and employees with disabilities. This document shall either meet the criteria found in 41 CFR Parts 60-2.11 and 60-2.12, as established in 43 FR 51400, November 3, 1978, or shall follow the format contained in the Model Online Affirmative Action Plan for Vendors and Suppliers as approved by the City of Madison Common Council.
- The applicable provisions for MBE, DBE, WBE, and SBE utilization which are contained in the Model Online Affirmative Action Plan for Vendors and Suppliers as approved by the City of Madison Common Council:
A. You may either indicate “Yes” that you currently have this policy/practice in place or you may provide a date (within 3 months) when you will have the policy/practice in place:
69. Regularly review City of Madison list of certified SBEs, MBEs, WBEs and DBEs and identify SBEs, MBEs, WBEs and DBEs from which to solicit bids/quotes.
70. Assure that SBEs, MBEs, WBEs and DBEs are solicited whenever they are potential sources.
71. Refer prospective SBEs, MBEs, WBEs and DBEs to the City for certification.
72. Provide the City of Madison with a list of subcontractors, vendors and suppliers for covered projects. Identify SBE, MBE, WBE and DBE subcontractors. Notify the Affirmative Action Division of changes in subcontractors, vendors or suppliers.
73. Maintain and make available for City review, records of solicitation and utilization of SBEs, MBEs, WBEs and DBEs on City contracts.
74. Comply with the special requirements of the respective program(s) for City projects with SBE, MBE, WBE and/or DBE goals.
If your Federal AA Plan shows Placement Goals, we require documentation of three Action-Oriented Programs as described in the AA Plan Best Practices Resource Guide linked above. If your Federal AA Plan does not show Placement Goals, this documentation is not required.