From 5:30 a.m. on 12/20/2017 through 5:30 a.m. on 12/21/2017, MPD received 369 calls for service. This number does not include parking complaints or 911 misdials.
1) WEST: Death Investigation – 9:11 a.m. Officers responded to an assisted living facility on the west side of town for a pulseless non-breather (89 year old WF). Life saving measures were unsuccessful. The decedent had multiple health concerns. Medical Examiner responded to the scene. Nothing suspicious on scene. Investigation continuing.
2) WEST: Weapons Offense – 11:29 a.m. Officers responded to a group home for a disturbance where a subject (33 year old mixed race female with cognitive disabilities) armed herself with a knife and was threatening her care staff. The subject was taken into protective custody and transported to a local hospital where she was voluntarily admitted. The subject was left in the care of hospital staff.
3) SOUTH: Missing Juvenile/Runaway – 12:47 p.m. Officers responded to Baird St for a report of a missing juvenile (17 year old WM with mental health concerns). Attempt to locate aired. The juvenile was listed as missing in the appropriate databases.
4) NORTH: Death Investigation – 1:23 p.m. Officers responded to E. Washington Ave for a deceased subject (20 year old AAM). The decedent's girlfriend indicated that the subject had recently been released from prison and they were drinking/smoking marijuana the night before. Other signs of overdose present. Medical Examiner responded. Investigation continuing.
5) EAST: Stolen Auto – 4:13 p.m. Officers responded to East Towne Blvd for a report of a stolen vehicle. The owner of the vehicle reported leaving the vehicle unlocked and leaving her key in the ignition. Attempt to locate aired. Vehicle listed as stolen in the appropriate databases.
6) WEST: Crash with Injuries – 7:19 p.m. Officers responded to the intersection of Odana Rd/Grand Canyon Dr for a vehicle vs. pedestrian crash. The pedestrian/victim (23 year old WM) was crossing the street in the crosswalk when a vehicle/driver (65 year old WF) struck him. The victim struck the windshield (shattering it) and fell to the ground hitting his head. The victim was transported to the hospital where it was determined that he did not have life threatening injuries. The driver was cited for failing to yield.
7) WEST: Recovered Stolen Vehicle – 11:20 p.m. Officers responded to the area of Raymond Rd/Hickory Ridge for an unoccupied vehicle with heavy front end damage. The vehicle was found to be stolen. The registered owner could not be contacted. Another law enforcement agency (where the stolen vehicle was reported from) was notified. The vehicle was towed from the area.
8) WEST: Adult Arrested Person – 2:13 a.m. A suspect (22 year old AAM) turned himself into the West Police District for outstanding warrants. The suspect was interviewed and conveyed to jail.