Skip to main content

East District Blotter

Confusion on Contact form vs Self Reporting forms

October 3, 2019 11:04 AM

There seems to be some confusion on what form to use.  In the East District, we are seeing a lot of people filling out a "Contact form" thinking they are filing a police report.

 Self reporting covers the below categories, in a non-emergency situation:

Annoying/Obscene Phone Call
Check Person
Check Property
Civil Dispute
Damage to Property
Fraud/ ID Theft
Landlord/Tenant Trouble
Lost Property

Neighbor Trouble
Stolen Bicycle
Stolen License Plates
Suspicious Person
Suspicious Vehicle
Theft From Auto
Threats Complaint
Worthless Checks

Again, this is for non-emergency situations, if a crime is occurring, please call 911.

Please go to our website and look for "Citizen Self Reporting System" to file your report.


 Email to a friend

Subscribe to Email List

Subscribe to the East District email list:

By participating on this list the Wisconsin Public Records Laws may subject your email address to disclosure to third parties. By selecting "Yes" you are requesting that we treat your email address that you have provided to this list as confidential and you are also stating that you would not participate in this service if the City is obligated to release your email address to such third party requesters.

Posts By Month