With the holiday season almost upon us, a few reminders from our Crime Analysts if you are leaving town on home safety.
- Keep lights on inside your home, consider using a timer
- Make sure motion lights outside your home are operational (check your bulbs)
- Notifify your neighbors you will be gone and have them keep an eye on your home
- Be sure all exterior doors are locked and sliding glass doors secured
- Consider parking a car in the driveway (Locked with no garage door opener inside)
If you are staying home, please be alert to suspicious activity in the neighborhood and call police if something seems suspicious.
We hope you all have a safe and happy holiday season and remember to designate a sober driver at your holday party.