Medical Exam & Physical Readiness Test
History and Physical Exam
Complete review of history and physical systems including skin, extremities, head/neck, EENT (eyes, ears, nose and throat), respiratory, cardiovascular, abdomen, genitourinary, musculoskeletal, and neurological systems.
Vision Standards, including near, far, depth perception, peripheral, color vision:
- If Examinee has Glasses: The examinee has distant vision and near vision, without corrective lenses, of at least 20/100; with corrective lenses of at least 20/30.
- If Examinee has Contact Lenses: The examinee has distant vision and near vision, with corrective lenses, of at least 20/30.
- Color Vision (Ishihara 14-plate): Candidates who fail the Ishihara and pass the Farnsworth D-15 are acceptable. Candidates who fail the Ishihara and the Farnsworth D-15 are not acceptable. The use of x-chrom lenses (which correct color vision) is prohibited.
- Fields of Vision of at least 85 degrees in the horizontal meridian in each eye.
TB skin test
If previous positive test, do not do. Instead, physician to consider chest x-ray or Quantiferon Gold test.
Fitness to Use Respirator Questionnaire/Evaluation.
Note: Maximum clearance = 5 years
If necessary, per physician discretion:
- Chest X-ray, 1 view
Audiogram (Hearing Test)
Job placement precluded if hearing in best aided ear is greater than 25 dB in three of four speech frequencies (500, 1000, or 2000 and 300 Hertz)
- Complete Blood Count (CBC)
- Urinalysis (U/A)
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
- Urine Drug Screen collection/processing:
Non-DOT 10 panel
Alere Labs Facility #273923
No MRO review; results will be sent to department
Optional Tests, as determined by physician
- Pulmonary Function Test (if indicated, based on history)
- Cardiac Stress test
- Tetanus-Diptheria or T-dap (Tetanus/Diptheria/Pertussis) immunization
- Chest x-ray, 1 view
- Quantiferon Gold test (for previous positive TB skin tests)