2018 Emerging Opportunities Program
A. RFP Guidelines and Application »
B. Application Workshops »
C. RFP Review Criteria »
D. RFP Timeline & Contact Info »
E. Contract Requirements »
The 2018 Emerging Opportunities Program guidelines and application are now available on the City of Madison Community Development Division Funding Opportunities website. Additional applications workshops are scheduled for Monday, February 19, 2018 at 10:00 am or 2:00 pm. Please register for a workshop. This year application/criteria points will be awarded for all workshop attendees. Applications are due March 5, 2018 at noon. Late applications will not be accepted.
Here are some of the changes you will see reflected in this document:
1. We have made an extra effort to make it very clear that EOP funds should not be considered a source of ongoing funding. Our clearly stated expectation is that these funds will support projects that can begin in late Spring but must end by December 31, 2018.
2. While EOP funding is open to a broad array of program types, we are letting applicants know that we have a particular interest this year in proposals that address youth engagement and leadership development and projects that will build organizational capacity to respond to client need.
3. We have 'capped' funding available through EOP at $25,000. In the past seven EOP cycles we have funded only a handful of programs at $25,000 or above.
1. We have simplified questions on the application and tied them more closely to the stated criteria.
2. We have clearly stated and added points for aligning projects with neighborhood and community based planning and input processes. (Information about community processes and reports are posted on the EOP website).
3. We have incentivized participation in the application workshop by stating that applicants will receive points under one of the criteria for attending.
Subscribe to Email List
Subscribe to the CDD Funding Opportunities email list: