2023 Neighborhood Grants
Eken Park NA 2019 Murals
Secret Places NA 2017 Diwali Event
The Department of Planning and Community & Economic Development, Planning Division, has a grant program designed to help neighborhoods build capacity and beautify public places. The grant program helps to improve the quality of life within neighborhoods, and the City as a whole.
- Meet with your neighborhood to plan a project and share the project idea with your alderperson. Visit the Common Council webpage to find your alderperson and contact information: https://www.cityofmadison.com/council/
- Review the Grant Program Guidelines: English, Spanish and Chinese .
- Contact Planning Division staff to discuss your project, determine eligibility and ask any questions about the program: Angela Puerta email@example.com and Linda Horvath firstname.lastname@example.org
- Attend the optional workshop – January 19, 12:00 p.m. via Zoom; 5:00 p.m. at Madison Municipal Building, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Room 206.
Register in advance for this meeting:
- If you were not able to talk with Planning Division staff before applying, but think your proposal may be eligible based on the Grant Guidelines, please submit an application.
- Handwritten Application in English, Spanish and Chinese- complete the application and submit it to the Planning Division by February 20, 2023, 4:30 p.m.; use email or hand deliver to Linda Horvath email@example.com or, Angela Puerta firstname.lastname@example.org, 215 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., P.O. Box 2985, Planning Division, Madison 53701-2985.
- Online Application - complete and submit the application
- Video Application - grab your phone and tell us about your project! Answer all of the application questions in no more than 10 minutes. Post your video to YouTube and send an email to email@example.com to let us know it is available for viewing.