Pay & Benefits
Find information about Employee Benefits packages, Labor Contracts and Payroll.
- Human Resources provides information on the benefits available for employees of the City of Madison. Get details on Health & Dental, Deferred Compensation, Flex Spending, FMLA, Open Enrollment and more.
- The Employee Assistance Program helps employees work through difficult life circumstances.
- New employees have benefit enrollment deadlines and some leave restrictions.
- Hourly & Seasonal Employees have a limited benefit package.
Employee Perks & Discounts
Many other perks and opportunities are available to employees in addition to official City benefits. These include Dell Computer Discounts, CCB facility resources and many employee events annually.
- Flex Spending
- Family & Medical Leave
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Open Enrollment
- Wage Insurance
- Pension (Wisconsin Retirement System)
Employees automatically contribute to their pension plans.
- Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plans
Employees may choose to enroll in 457(b) plans.
- Preparing for Retirement
Nearing retirement? Learn how to prepare for the transition.
- Benefits During Retirement
- Labor Contracts Contracts for Compensation Groups 11, 12, 13, 14, 41 and 42, and IATSE
Contact your payroll clerk if you have questions about reading paychecks, timesheets/time entering, position-specific benefits or leave time.
Employee Self Service
- Employee Self Services Login
- ESS Login Instructions
- How to View Your Pay Stub
- How to Reset Your Password
- ESS Manuals
ESS Manuals from a non-city computer
- Monthly Cell Phone Reimbursement Form
- CARS & PAV Mileage Reimbursement
- Mileage Log for Workers' Compensation - Excel / PDF